Remove solitude.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove solitude

Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Yes!
71%
Hell no !
29%

Total votes: 55

Chivay

Re: Remove solitude.

Post by Chivay »

What about changing solitude to some kind of passive effect for Imperial/Law members in Moonglow/Britain? That would free a rite slot, and the defensive bonuses would be spread around more evenly without making priests/monks the gods of the battlefield.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Athan01 wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:
Ares wrote:I think the 100 tiles idea could work.
Which is just like the fear standing currently as removing it completely from Britain makes it a battle ground.
What fear of removing it would this be? Atleast a couple of the ones in law were more than willing to agree to a truce of not using it for a while although it goes without saying i'm not speaking for the religion

Those with the phear speak now or forever hold your peace.

I think when I say this I'm saying what we're all assuming.

GMs haven't removed solitude because of the fear of the only noobie city being a PvP battleground. Laws aren't afraid, I'm using the word fear here loosely. GMs have always believed in this happening and thus not being a good atmosphere for new players.

That's the only logical reasoning I can think of, I don't agree with it but it's always been the case with Pang.
632-140-419
Prince

Post by Prince »

This batles would inside main citys would make them say: "i wanna be like this or that"
Not like people here will kill the newbies without a warning
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

It's not being removed, because removing is a waste.

If you can think of better alternatives, that's another issue in another thread. And hopefully, in another forum section as well.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:It's not being removed, because removing is a waste.
I would understand statements like this, if everyone wanted it removed for selfish reasons, but this isn't really the case.

Has it ever been said why? Why wouldn't we remove something nearly all players don't want anymore?

Sure, we use it because it's our tool for defense and it's easy, faulting a professional for using his best tool would be crazy. It's as if you put a steak and a piece of cheese in front of a dog, that damn dog will always take the meat.

Take away the fawking steak, it's too good.
632-140-419
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:It's not being removed, because removing is a waste.

If you can think of better alternatives, that's another issue in another thread. And hopefully, in another forum section as well.
I demand my ghoronius effect back in that case, it was pretty even vote to remove it with pretty lame reasons from miserable people who wouldn't use it due to cost. Just for example currently AG's are all fighting us and we have no religion damage against them - how is that any different? I do not comprehend.

Whereas this poll on this, the destroyer of good pvp, is more than 2:1 for direct removal.
In the name of balance i've even requested a kill nerf, so come on people behave yourselves and agree to get rid of that shit.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

This is not a choose between remove or not solitude. This is between having a game where in PvP you click 1 button and you ruin all the fun, or you have a game where countless ours of macroing counts for something, where spending millions in good gear makes the diferent, where strategy and teamplay can change a fight to your side and most important where player's skill is your biggest weapon when fighting the enemy. That is the choice you are making here.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

the question of RP still stands

all that is true, i do agree that solitude is OP, and based stricly on technical facts, should be removed as many other things have and many other things should still be removed.

the question we must ask ourselves is, in a RP shard, where PVP should still be RP based, is there a place for great, godlike power protecting a holy area?

while I agree solitude is OP, i also agree that it should stay because of the RP.
but there's another poll for this anyway..
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Solitide removed and replaced, kill nerfed or changed to athans suggestion, wrong removed, siege changed to attackers=attackers, malleus replaced or give to imperial also, and we have a good start to balance
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Vaux27 wrote:Has it ever been said why? Why wouldn't we remove something nearly all players don't want anymore?
Tomes simply won't be left with a blank spot. So first figure out a great replacement and then do another vote about replacing Solitude. At least I haven't seen any working ideas for replacement yet.

That's why I think fixing the rite is a much better idea. Tone down the damage. It can still be a high damage rite, it just doesn't need to instant-kill. Same applies to Kill.