Remove solitude.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove solitude

Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Yes!
71%
Hell no !
29%

Total votes: 55

KrondorZuula
Counselor

Re: Remove solitude.

Post by KrondorZuula »

glar corrupting the altar is hard as is, and there is really no point to it, can be uncorrupted in moments, there is no impact. So it would require a boost in how it impacts the corrupted altar making more harsh consequences.

But lets not even talk about that, right now all we are talking about is getting rid of a rite that can insta kill you with little effort. Sweet lets go pvp in best gear for good outcome, oh look a naked law/imperial priest, easy as pie, hes so dead, Ohhh wait he has guards around him, no problem ill kill those, oh shit hes casting on me, fuck.. Im dead, oh shit hes equiping my gear now! that asshole! RAGE forum :lol:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i know that at the moment altar can just get uncorrupted. my point is that, should solitude stay to make sure attacking an altar is really hard, then these things have to be looked at.
but i only speak for myself, so if people rather get rid of solitude and keep things like stoning/malediction(temporary)/altar corruption with great consequences/etc out of the game, then so be it...
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Glarundis wrote: i don't want to let solitude stay just for the sake of it staying and having easier pvp. i want solitude to stay to make sure invading an altar is really hard, but if you pull if off, the religion that got the altar corrupted will also have a hard time living with it. just to make clear, the wrong part, imo, can disappear. i'd much rather have prisons in one of the enemy's towns where we can jail break or something
Imo solitude just makes the looting process of killing & looting that little bit faster.
Also to me it doesn't make it very hard to invade law altar as assuming there is opposition it makes it impossible.
Why not just make it so every time an emissary kills someone it sends them to wrong/a different prison for 24h? To me that makes more sense rather than some bullshit pretargettable instakilling rite that isn't even reflect-able.

Its overpowered & needs to be removed and the votes on this topic illustrate that.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

First you need to figure out a replacement. Then you both parties agree on the replacement. Then you pass it to the GM's.

In the meanwhile, enjoy Solitude. I don't have a problem with it, voted to keep it.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Mike mentioned a thing on UOAM.

Remove solitude.
Give Merchant bless to Law.
Give Malleus to Imp. (Until Malleus is removed and everyone only got veritas)

Everyone is happy.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

How about make imp guards wrong too and just add rescue to each religion in place of soli?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Johnny Walac wrote:Mike mentioned a thing on UOAM.

Remove solitude.

Everyone is happy.
This. Although you forgot to give Malleus to Nature.

Only then everyone is happy... well, except Law, because they like to think boosting others equals to nerfing them. :~~(
dwight

Post by dwight »

A big lol for:
Johnny Walac wrote:Mike mentioned a thing on UOAM.

Remove solitude.

Everyone is happy.

I think you should stay shut in what regards to other religions rituals.

It's like Cirius said:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Then you both parties agree on the replacement.
Not for 3rds

I dont want merchant bless for Law, I want Swarm with giants and titans

EDIT: As for Malleus for Nature and Imp, I think after that, all religions should be forbidden to have red alts, red charaters in their ranks, all to have mayday, all to be forced to fight reds, and be unable to be allied with reds/criminals either.
Last edited by dwight on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I'll gladly give you swarm with giants and titans, because then both Nature and Tekstone receives the same. :)

A bit too OP though, don't you think? Then again, I guess that's the kind of rituals you guys are used to...

[Edit] Also, just to point out how full of shit Cirre's argument is. As long as the re-placement can affect the third party, the third party should have a say in the matter as well. Otherwise I'm sure Tekstone and Nature can agree that Swarm needs to be boosted to dragons and giants with no cooldown. According to Cirre's logic, and according to you agreeing with it, Law and Imperial should have no say in matters of Tekstone and Nature. That said, sure, let's boost swarm. I promise to shut up and never whine again the moment I can summon giants with no cooldown.

[Edit2] What has malleus to do with reds`?
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Yeah its OP and I was joking about it.

I made an edit, you should have the same restrictions as law if you dont want to call it a nerf