Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Yes
58%
No
43%

Total votes: 40

Basil Brotheamus

Re: Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Ares wrote:We've already cleared it up many times.

The timer is exactly the same, the gain isn't. But the difference is so minimal that I doubt it can really be felt. I'm more inclined to say it's superstition :P
You also miss some of the hits with smith hammer on dummy whereas you "hit" everytime with hatchet on a tree so that makes quite a big difference too in the long run.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

While training str on my bard.. Chopping trees gave you a roughly 1.0 str in about 1h or 1h 30mins in some cases. While hitting dummy.. i gained 0,4 in about 2 hours and 30mins after that i gave up and switched to chopping trees.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Ares wrote:We've already cleared it up many times.

The timer is exactly the same, the gain isn't. But the difference is so minimal that I doubt it can really be felt. I'm more inclined to say it's superstition :P
You also miss some of the hits with smith hammer on dummy whereas you "hit" everytime with hatchet on a tree so that makes quite a big difference too in the long run.
Good point. I hadn't thought about that.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I gotta say that the chopping was the fastest/safest way to get str for me. Used to go smith hammer orcs or smth, but it drains your armor and you can somehow end up dead and waste more time than intended. (checking facebook, killed by orc mage etc.) But as for the poll, I'd say what cirius said, do something with the dummies instead