Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Yes
58%
No
43%

Total votes: 40

tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

The question is simple.

Lumberjacking is by far the best way to gain strength - right now its limited to only those lucky enough to have indy clothes.

Should we make lumberjacking a viable training strategy for everyone?

Edit: If "NO" please state why
Talerco Pious

Re: Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Post by Talerco Pious »

Ideas belong to ideas section, we don't get to vote what we want
I whine, therefore I am
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

If an admin wants it moved or deleted they'll move it - until then I doubt they need help with how to do their jobs. If you have an opinion about the question I posed please provide it. I'm rather interested.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

You can gain strength with autoloop failing to chop the tree but I suspect its probably not as fast as having a cloth since I have to put loop on 3.25 seconds to loop properly....

I could be wrong though - I will admit that I don't have a cloth to test the rates myself. But several people have told me the same thing and the cloths are still coveted.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

but then some players have a cloth they paid millions for now worthless.... isnt that a greater loss, what reward will they have?

- Biggs
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

They get the satisfaction of knowing they didn't have to spend days upon days sparring rats in despise to get their STR up like the rest of us.

You still have your cloth - you can still train the same way - sell the cloth to someone who actually needs it. That's the bonus you get.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Biggs wrote:but then some players have a cloth they paid millions for now worthless.... isnt that a greater loss, what reward will they have?

- Biggs
This is a terrible way of thinking about things. We'll never have any progress whatsoever with a mindset like that.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Biggs wrote:but then some players have a cloth they paid millions for now worthless.... isnt that a greater loss, what reward will they have?
Isn't that the same as buying a car then have it depreciate over time? You bought the cloth when it had meaning when it was worth something and you made the most out of it before it lost its value.

If anything I don't even think that 10 lumberjacking was supposed to be some amazing well thought out idea to gain str anyway. iirc it was an oversight with a positive outcome which never got changed.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Rather just boost those dummies and create more market for them. That was the plan all along.