Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Yes
58%
No
43%

Total votes: 40

tehsquish

Re: Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Post by tehsquish »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Rather just boost those dummies and create more market for them. That was the plan all along.
This is a good idea too. Maybe a boosted dummy that needs repaired by carpenters every so often.. but we still need people to stop hanging onto cloths so they can go to merchants...
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

This is a good idea too. Maybe a boosted dummy that needs repaired by carpenters every so often.. but we still need people to stop hanging onto cloths so they can go to merchants...
I actually like this idea. It gets rid of the problem with lumberjacking cloths and a small needed boost to carpenters.

For me bottom line is that we need a eficient way to train streght that is available to most, not just the ritch or lucky.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Rather just boost those dummies and create more market for them. That was the plan all along.
This. Fighters should be getting stronger by practicing fighting, rather than lumberjacking.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Iktomi wrote:
This. Fighters should be getting stronger by practicing fighting, rather than lumberjacking.
get on it then, we need to train our str! :D
Biao

Post by Biao »

Iktomi wrote:
Is this coming anytime soon ? :P
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I say leave way it is maybe boost the training dummy.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Definitely fix the training dummy time and boost, makes more sense. The only problems I saw was wrestling didn't gain any str but using a hammer did. I was wondering why it was like that?
632-140-419
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Vaux27 wrote:Definitely fix the training dummy time and boost, makes more sense. The only problems I saw was wrestling didn't gain any str but using a hammer did. I was wondering why it was like that?
Wrestling simply isn't ideal for STR.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:Definitely fix the training dummy time and boost, makes more sense. The only problems I saw was wrestling didn't gain any str but using a hammer did. I was wondering why it was like that?
Wrestling simply isn't ideal for STR.
Yeah, well fawk you then Monks, amiright? ;)

Oh well, at least it works with a hammer, compared to indy lumber on a tree though? Idk.
632-140-419
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Iktomi wrote: Lumberjacking and using a smith hammer on a training dummy should be identical now, WITH the 2-second swing rate.

If someone claims otherwise, test it and prove it. It's possible that there's something we're missing, but everything in the code looks like gains should be the same.
I'm not saying there's not other changes we're considering, but wanted to put this here as well.