Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Yes
58%
No
43%

Total votes: 40

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: Make trees choppable with 0 lumberjacking?

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I don't think boosting STR gain chance of macefighting is the solution. You're missing out opportunities like upgraded training dummies or some sort of a weight lifting set.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:I don't think boosting STR gain chance of macefighting is the solution. You're missing out opportunities like upgraded training dummies or some sort of a weight lifting set.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

if we boost training dummies will some of them be removed from the new player area?
If we keep it as is, there are enough training dummies that people wouldn't really have to "buy" a training dummy to practice on

but yes, either make LJ 0 to chop "a tree" down or boost the shit out of those training dummies
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

The issue was already fixed. Smithy hammer + dummy is as fast as hatchet + tree.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The issue was already fixed. Smithy hammer + dummy is as fast as hatchet + tree.
Does dex play a role with hatchet + tree? Because with smith hammer + dummy it at least does. So I doubt it's really the same.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The issue was already fixed. Smithy hammer + dummy is as fast as hatchet + tree.
Does dex play a role with hatchet + tree? Because with smith hammer + dummy it at least does. So I doubt it's really the same.
Hitting a dummy isn't the same as hitting a npc/pc. It does the animation, adds a skillcheck for the weaponskill you're using and adds a delay where you're occupied. It emulates fighting sort of. So dex doesn't matter when hitting a dummy.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Boris with the "working as intended"

:roll:
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Ares wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Hitting a dummy isn't the same as hitting a npc/pc. It does the animation, adds a skillcheck for the weaponskill you're using and adds a delay where you're occupied. It emulates fighting sort of. So dex doesn't matter when hitting a dummy.

The delay is the dummy swinging back or?

perhaps if the delay was only there when the dummy actually was hit, I mean in real life dex does matter when hitting a dummy and if you miss a punching bag sure there's a delay.... but the funny part about that is, the fasters a person is, the quicker they recover from that delay..

Think Speed Bag techniques on a Heavy Bag or Heavy Bag hits on a Speed Bag
they really change the "delay" and should... so why not transpose that here

maybe we could even have a speed bag for dex training... :twisted:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

hehe
what we should have is the staff really clearing if it's exaclty the same.
if it's exactly the same, and even cirius now said so, why do ppl still gain better with LJ cloth and chopping a tree?
Ares

Post by Ares »

We've already cleared it up many times.

The timer is exactly the same, the gain isn't. But the difference is so minimal that I doubt it can really be felt. I'm more inclined to say it's superstition :P

We will fix this somehow though. Nerf the strength of lumberjacking or make some special dummies or something.

And Kat, you really need to cool down and get off Boris' ass now.