What to do re: PvP #1

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we reintroduce looting restrictions?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 63

Iktomi

What to do re: PvP #1

Post by Iktomi »

This poll relates to this General post.
Ondoher

Re: What to do re: PvP #1

Post by Ondoher »

Drylooting is the only thing that makes this game special over others. We saw what happened during Alteran era, shard slowly died out due to boredom.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Big no. Anything that will limit the looting will kill the game. (Seen it on Alterans era)
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Nymphea

Post by Nymphea »

I am not a pvper and I don't like being robbed. But drylooting makes the merchandize go around. As bad as you feel after been taken away your stuff... it's for the best AS LONG AS the robbing party makes it fun for the robbed aswell and not just same old, lame old 'Halt! Drop your itamz!'
Ares

Post by Ares »

Johnny Walac wrote:Big no. Anything that will limit the looting will kill the game. (Seen it on Alterans era)
No it doesn't. We've had plenty of periods over the years with varying looting restrictions and we're still here. That's just hyperbole.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ares wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Big no. Anything that will limit the looting will kill the game. (Seen it on Alterans era)
No it doesn't. We've had plenty of periods over the years with varying looting restrictions and we're still here. That's just hyperbole.
It's not a theory. We all saw it. First there was no looting at all. Then he was pressured and had to put in gold and gems looting. A few came back and the players kept pressuring for more looting. After a while the shard was back.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ares wrote:
Imo the shard was preetty inactive during Alterans era. And the looting restrictions completely ruined merchant business aswell.
Ares

Post by Ares »

You're only referring to the Alteran period. I'm not. I wasn't around during his administration. Before him we've had periods with looting rules. After him too

Secondly, the PVP activity was pretty low maybe, the rest of the shard wasn't. I think you guys are a little PVP biased.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian wrote:
Ares wrote:
Imo the shard was preetty inactive during Alterans era. And the looting restrictions completely ruined merchant business aswell.
Aye. Looting restrictions do more harm than good.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ares, the looting restrictions really did hurt the shard as a whole. I played during that time and it was almost impossible to even find ppl to hunt with. And for that reason I quit playing back then aswell. Most people just hunted so much that they had everything they could ever wish to get and no way of losing it and had no need to buy anything from merchants except for the one set they once got for PvP or hunting. Ofcourse it gets boring that way.