What to do re: PvP #2

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce an insurance system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 55

Hilda

Re: What to do re: PvP #2

Post by Hilda »

Ares wrote:Note: this is PVP only
Just curious as to how you will implement this for pvp only. Say me and hunting slave #3 are hunting and realize we're trapped and will get drylooted by nasty giant. I take all the insured gear and have slave kill me. Yay my stuff is fine. I like the idea, as long as fees for indies and godlies are so ridiculous you won't want to wear them everyfight or something like that, just don't want nasty loopholes(at least not those that I can't get a bug reward out of)!
Ares

Post by Ares »

Hilda wrote:
Ares wrote:Note: this is PVP only
Just curious as to how you will implement this for pvp only. Say me and hunting slave #3 are hunting and realize we're trapped and will get drylooted by nasty giant. I take all the insured gear and have slave kill me. Yay my stuff is fine. I like the idea, as long as fees for indies and godlies are so ridiculous you won't want to wear them everyfight or something like that, just don't want nasty loopholes(at least not those that I can't get a bug reward out of)!
We could make it so that if you're in a party with someone, it doesn't work for example. That limits the loopholes to very specific situations, and it also costs you gold every time.

And yeah, I think the costs for the top-end items should be fairly steep.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

That just makes it so I leave party before doing it. Or drink invis pot, wait for timer that checks if I was in party recently then do it.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Hilda wrote:That just makes it so I leave party before doing it. Or drink invis pot, wait for timer that checks if I was in party recently then do it.
Yep, I know. We can only limit it. It'll cost you a lot of gold to do it though, and that specific situation isn't all that common so I don't think it'll be a huge problem
Chivay

Post by Chivay »

Will it work in dungeons only, or everywhere?
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Idk how much losing gold matters to anyone since I would say the average player has a few million. Plus as said if someone can wear indies in pvp without fear of loss it will drastically benefit people who have money compared to those that dont.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Biggs wrote:the rich stay richer and the poor loose everything. no thanks.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I would like this insurance only for PvM, this is a great idea for a step towards separating PvM from PvP.

Is there anyway we could concentrate on that aspect?
632-140-419
dwight

Post by dwight »

Yes to a decent insurance system, very expensive.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Although ares already said he will make this no matter what...
I still don't see how this will help in any way the current problems gm are having. It will only give you guys more work, sine this will be a hard script to make, too many options too many loop holes on my view.

(if anything you could spend your time improving current siege system)