What to do re: PvP #2

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce an insurance system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 55

Glarundis

Re: What to do re: PvP #2

Post by Glarundis »

i don't like this idea, really. i get the point, but it will just work weird.
first, you die and the team who killed you doesn't even have to bother about looting, it gets automatically looted by the system while you get automatically rich lol. (give us looting scripts already then! :D)
then, a major problem with this is that a cloth doesn't really have a fixed price. it has the price ppl are willing to pay for it. but with this sytem it will have a fixed price, no matter if ppl would really go up to that price or not, no matter how valuable it is at the moment or not. i don't like that

what are ppl supposed to do?kill their enemies so many times that they run out of gold on their bank boxes and are then forced to stop using insurance?

"hey i killed this guy 10 times while he was using indies, but still i don't have indies...i'm rich as fuck, but what am i going to do with that money?i can't buy indies from a vendor, and they're so rare as pvm loot that i could have the chance of finding one either way, being rich or being poor"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Glarundis wrote:i don't like this idea, really. i get the point, but it will just work weird.
first, you die and the team who killed you doesn't even have to bother about looting, it gets automatically looted by the system while you get automatically rich lol. (give us looting scripts already then! :D)
What the hell are you talking about?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

b.) you die in PvP while wearing it, it goes to your bank account and the insurance is lost
but the part i'm not fond of is the fact that cloths start having a fixed price (their insurance price) and instead of being better in pvp and taking away the items is the fact that you actually have to drain your enemy's funds first, and only then can you start looting him. looks like those badass big giant bank companies that do something bad, but fear not, they have so much money it's just a scratch.
not to mention, i'd rather loot an indy mace instead of 500k or whatever and be filthy rich but without cloths.

the only way for this to not work as bad, is if the insurance is so high that the guy who kills will actually get more money than what the cloth usually goes for, and the victim even had to pay twice that ammount (has it's been said on the OP)
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Played with this on a different shard and this was one of the main reasons for me quitting, players will be free to run around in there best gear with the only fear of loosing 100k? or whatever the gold, people have millions upon millions, worst idea.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I guess it all depends on the price of the insurance. If a full set is 100k, it clearly isn't enough.

However, if insuring one indy cloth is 200k and a whole set over a million + other items, when you die it starts to hurt already. Not only does it work as a money sink when half the money is removed from the system, but gaining 500k as a reward for killing such player is always nice. Granted, not as nice as his clothes, but repeat killing him and you'll be rich.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Plus, you actually get to use some of the fun clothes once in a while. Both the winner and the defeated guy wins. I seriously think this'll take some of the greed and whining out of PvP and make it a bit more fun.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Ares wrote:I seriously think this'll take some of the greed and whining out of PvP and make it a bit more fun.
I'd see it vice versa. All you need is that one great weapon, lets say a blinding hally of vanquishing and give it to baba with 240 STR. People start one-dropping bada-bim-bada-bum and you're back to square one.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Ares wrote:I seriously think this'll take some of the greed and whining out of PvP and make it a bit more fun.
I'd see it vice versa. All you need is that one great weapon, lets say a blinding hally of vanquishing and give it to baba with 240 STR. People start one-dropping bada-bim-bada-bum and you're back to square one.
Never found suchs weapon and never will, just dream on.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Ivan wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Never found suchs weapon and never will, just dream on.
I agree. And even if you did it'd just be a bragging item on your floor. Too rare to actually use.

We could add some extra tear to the weapon though so it will eventually be unuseable/uninsurable. Something like that. I don't see it being a problem.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

There's plenty of high-end super weapons hanging on peoples floors. They deserve to stay there, if there's no risk of losing them.

I don't see a problem with the current concept. You wear what you can afford to lose. If that isn't the case, that's your own problem.
Last edited by Cirius Do'Brim on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.