What to do re: PvP #2

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce an insurance system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 55

Glarundis

Re: What to do re: PvP #2

Post by Glarundis »

like i said, unless the killer receives atleast as much as whatever the cloth is worth, this is a penalty for the killer.

said cloth is worth 100k and then you kill this guy, and instead of receiving 100k you receive like 60k or whatever. why?

on top of this, if the guy that dies wants to have his stuff insured, he should be paying a lot more than the item's worth.

otherwise, it's gonna be like this "ok let me see, this cloth costs me 500k. if i lose it i'm gonna have to find another one and pay 500k. but hey, if i do and insurance, then i only have to pay 300k. hell yes, i'm gonna do the insurance then. it's a win-win in any case"
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

1 item per player, with cost of the item included in the insurance.

Example: You buy an insurance ticket, use it on an indy cloth, it costs you 500k or 1mill. You get robbed and lose your shit. You run to bank and dclick the insurance ticket, item pops into your bank and the coins into robbers bag.

But then again restrict it from weapons, so there will be no cirre case.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:There's plenty of high-end super weapons hanging on peoples floors. They deserve to stay there, if there's no risk of losing them.

I don't see a problem with the current concept. You wear what you can afford to lose. If that isn't the case, that's your own problem.
This. The insurance system isn't good at all and the poll results clearly show that.
Ares

Post by Ares »

I'm just glad this isn't a player democracy :P
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Glarundis wrote:like i said, unless the killer receives atleast as much as whatever the cloth is worth, this is a penalty for the killer
Which one is better, a player using "worthless" items which you then loot, or him using indy items that cost him a million to insure (which the killer gets half)?

And weapons might be too good to be insured, but then again if insuring the onyx of vanq weapon will cost you three millions, then it's fine again.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Ares wrote:I'm just glad this isn't a player democracy :P
Even Hitler had heart.

:P
Demian

Post by Demian »

Maybe not. But why would you implement something that the playerbase doesn't want? I guess that shows that it would just make PvP worse.
Darian Darkmind wrote: Which one is better, a player using "worthless" items which you then loot, or him using indy items that cost him a million to insure (which the killer gets half)?

And weapons might be too good to be insured, but then again if insuring the onyx of vanq weapon will cost you three millions, then it's fine again.
The first option is better. It's not about the loot you get for most people actually. And not everyone has indies to be able to use in PvP. Thus the people who do, become way too powerful compared to most of the people and PvP just gets worse by adding such an imbalanced system.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Demian wrote:The first option is better. It's not about the loot you get for most people actually. And not everyone has indies to be able to use in PvP. Thus the people who do, become way too powerful compared to most of the people and PvP just gets worse by adding such an imbalanced system.
this
those using stronger shit will be less likely to die anyways, while if you kill someone with cheap shit, you loot cheap shit, but atleast he's "cheap shit" easy to kill.

it's not about being better, it's about being fair imo. surely it's better to get 500k than getting vampire bones, but it's not fair to get 500k for what should be 2 million when you could get 20k for what is worth 20k :P

but i understand both points as being valid. i think it's a question of what would the killer rather have.

but hey, ares said this isn't a player democracy, so let's just wait and see :D
Ares

Post by Ares »

Demian wrote:
Maybe not. But why would you implement something that the playerbase doesn't want? I guess that shows that it would just make PvP worse.
Because I don't believe the playerbase votes what's best for the shard nor do they see things from a global perspective.

It's something that I'd like to try out, if it's a disaster I'll happily admit it and remove it again.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Honestly, players know best. They're the ones playing this game.

What you're suggesting here isn't a solution to PvP. It's nothing but a money sink.