What to do re: PvP #2

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce an insurance system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 55

Ares

Re: What to do re: PvP #2

Post by Ares »

Honestly, that's a subjective opinion.

And both, of course.
Ares

Post by Ares »

About the same percentage voted to get you back afterall :P

Q.E.D.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Demian wrote:The first option is better. It's not about the loot you get for most people actually. And not everyone has indies to be able to use in PvP. Thus the people who do, become way too powerful compared to most of the people and PvP just gets worse by adding such an imbalanced system.
And what do you think happens when someone enters the battlefield with items he has insured for 2-4 millions? Don't you think he will be number one target for everyone? Everyone wants to kill him, because doing so earns them instant 1-2 millions to their bank account and makes him lose all those millions.

Yes, not everyone has them. Yes, it makes the guy stronger. Yes, he is harder to kill. But no, he isn't immortal yet and once he dies a few times he will stop to using them.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Demian wrote:The first option is better. It's not about the loot you get for most people actually. And not everyone has indies to be able to use in PvP. Thus the people who do, become way too powerful compared to most of the people and PvP just gets worse by adding such an imbalanced system.
And what do you think happens when someone enters the battlefield with items he has insured for 2-4 millions? Don't you think he will be number one target for everyone? Everyone wants to kill him, because doing so earns them instant 1-2 millions to their bank account and makes him lose all those millions.

Yes, not everyone has them. Yes, it makes the guy stronger. Yes, he is harder to kill. But no, he isn't immortal yet and once he dies a few times he will stop to using them.
Well I don't know. Gold is pretty much worthless, it's the rare items that matter. Few mill to insure good gear isn't a high price to pay. Especially not when gold just keeps changing owners in PvP like this. That stronger person due to epic items will still kill more people and gather that gold into his bank so he can just keep insuring stuff as long as he likes. Maybe it's not the worst system to have but I really don't like it just like majority of the shard doesn't either. And for a reason.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Demian wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:

Well I don't know. Gold is pretty much worthless, it's the rare items that matter. Few mill to insure good gear isn't a high price to pay. Especially not when gold just keeps changing owners in PvP like this. That stronger person due to epic items will still kill more people and gather that gold into his bank so he can just keep insuring stuff as long as he likes. Maybe it's not the worst system to have but I really don't like it just like majority of the shard doesn't either. And for a reason.
Could you suggest something that'd make this system viable? Like wear and tear on the items for example. The more wear and tear we have of items the more we can boost loot which makes hunting more fun!
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Demian, I guess you missed that half of the gold gets out of the system. If the insurance cost 4 millions and you die, the person who killed you only gets 2 millions. The other half is gone for good. The more you kill people, the more gold is out of the system.

Sounds like the best money sink suggested so far, which hopefully will give gold some worth again... at least once the richest players have died a few times.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Wear what you can afford changes to wear what you can afford to insure.

I don't see how that changes anything in PvP. Money sink, sure. Cure for PvP, no.

I know I sound like I'm always right, but that's only because I'm always right.
Ares

Post by Ares »

My thought process is that both sides gain something. The loser gets to keep his stuff for 1 more fight and the winner gets a decent compensation automatically deployed to his bank account. And since both sides can do it, it favours neither.

Dying isn't a disaster, so you can afford to have fun with PVP, and you actually get to wear the good stuff once in a while.

I don't think it'll fix PVP, no. But I think it'll make it slightly less "serious business" and give a little room to have fun.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Yeah, but what does it change?
People spend more money than before to insure their stuff?
Everyone does the same and then what?
PvP's more profitable than before?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Read what I just wrote above man.. The gold isn't the main objective. It's to add more room to have fun in PvP and reduce the consequences, so everyone isn't so incredibly hostile towards eachother.