What to do re: PvP #2

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce an insurance system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 55

Demian

Re: What to do re: PvP #2

Post by Demian »

Ares wrote:The gold isn't the main objective. It's to add more room to have fun in PvP and reduce the consequences, so everyone isn't so incredibly hostile towards eachother.
More fun for who? The rich players sure, but with this insurance system they will completely overrun everyone who can't afford to insure their best gear. Thus those people will most definately not be having fun. The only way I could see an insurance system work is by making some vendor who sells insurance deeds 1 mil or such each. Then when the scroll is used, you are insured for 10 minutes. Can be used with caution while being ganked or something. Even in normal PvP, but with a high risk of not using it at the right time and dying and losing your gear and the deed. Or wasting it by not dying and the timer coming to an end. Though I'd rather not have that either since I think it's a part of the fun that you simply don't wear your best shit to PvP unless you want to take the very high risk for the increased strenght. Same thing in PvM.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Make the insurance be very expensive and only work in dungeons?
I whine, therefore I am
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Yes, not everyone has them. Yes, it makes the guy stronger. Yes, he is harder to kill. But no, he isn't immortal yet and once he dies a few times he will stop to using them.
yes. that is why i think this system doesn't work

this system is a PERFECT money sink but as far as it goes concerning pvp, to me it only acts as a sort of money shield. instead of a mana shield or a reactive armour potion, you have a money shield lol. you waste coins to protect you and when you're out of coins, we have the same problem and bitching about pvp. if we'll ever come to that.

this is really starting to look like some victim company fighting against some big multinational that has all the big lawyers and shitloads of money. they are worse, the other guys are better, but it matters not. they have all the money to keep making sure they stay alive
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Can we make it so that insurance is redeemed from Advanturer guild, with player's credit transferrable between players and players? Ppl who are new and not elite can earn little credit/ticket by doing smaller quests and sell the credits to others.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Glarundis wrote:this system is a PERFECT money sink but as far as it goes concerning pvp, to me it only acts as a sort of money shield. instead of a mana shield or a reactive armour potion, you have a money shield lol. you waste coins to protect you and when you're out of coins, we have the same problem and bitching about pvp. if we'll ever come to that.
The way I see it, the point isn't to insure your stuff all the time. If you're using low-level/mid-level gear, you might not want to insure them, because doing so would cost you too much money on the long run. If you have a lot of extra cash - like a lot of people do -, you might go PvP with your insured indestructable clothes. After you die a few times, you go back to lower level gear, because to continue using your best gear will cost you too much money upon death. After that you hunt again and once you've accumulated lots of wealth, you insure your gear again.

It's not a "cure" to the "PvP problem", but imho we don't need a cure for it. It is an effective money sink and while nothing changes when you're out of coins, it works as a "safe" way to play for those who want to do so every now and then. It will most definitely not be a constant trend.

If anything we could add a insurance duration like Demian suggested. However, instead of his 10 minutes, I'd go with 7 days or until you die with the insured gear on. That way you can have fun every now and then while using your best gear.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

So what happens if you choose not to insure your item? You just lose it like before?
Darian Darkmind

Cruxis Bane wrote:So what happens if you choose not to insure your item? You just lose it like before?
Yes, of course.

I think Demian's idea of insurance deeds with a duration would be the best. Maybe something like you buy a deed for 2-4 millions. The deed is newbied and you can use it at any given time. Once used, you are protected for 7 days no matter what kills you and no matter what gear you have. Upon next death everything you had is moved to your bank box. This way if you're hunting and people come to gank/rob you, you can use the deed. A lot of people would use it only in such cases, but some people who have a lot extra will use them for PvP every now and then as well. Personally I don't mind if someone is fighting against me in indys. In worst case scenario I know he wasted several millions to insure them and in best case I manage to kill him and win half of the insurance money.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

That still is more beneficial to the rich... If it is a single time the amount that each side is looking for the other in a dungeon the insurance wont matter because say you hunt today with insurance boom you get killed by someone they are still looking for you the next day. If you can buy a 7 day free time then it just means you need to hunt alot and makes hunting safe which it shouldnt be. Honestly I dont think there is really anything you can do to end this greif massive whine fest other than maybe newbie all the dungeons. Each side dislikes the other too much or is just wanting to retaliate the moment they get the ability.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

or just have it low price insurance so everyone can use it. so basicly pvp comes a just for fun thing where u dont run for loot anymore. might refresh the air we currently have.
291-697-526
Darian Darkmind

Cruxis Bane wrote:If it is a single time the amount that each side is looking for the other in a dungeon the insurance wont matter because say you hunt today with insurance boom you get killed by someone they are still looking for you the next day.
It's still better than not having it. It's a "free pass" (worth 2-4 millions) when you are found hunting. You aren't forced to use it if you think you can escape alive. However, if you're completely over-ran by your enemies, you might not want to risk it. And yes, might be they check the dungeons daily, but it doesn't mean they will always find you.
If you can buy a 7 day free time then it just means you need to hunt alot and makes hunting safe which it shouldnt be.
That's why I suggested max 7 days up to your first death. This means you can try to make a run for it and should you die, no worries your items are safe and whoever killed you still received a nice reward by getting half of the insurance money. However, should you be successful and escape alive, the insurance is still valid for 7 days or until you die. Now, knowing you're insured, you can safely PvP with your full indy set. Or you can continue hunting knowing that should your enemy arrive to gank you again tomorrow, you are still insured, because you haven't died yet.

And if someone is rich enough to keep the insurance on all the time, I'm certain he won't be rich enough after a month or two.