What to do re: PvP #4

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce religious damage to allied guildmembers?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 59

Mike

Re: What to do re: PvP #4

Post by Mike »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The current concept is based on "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage".

Breaking that harmony isn't developing, it's taking two steps back.
+1 on this. It's a logical and consistent dynamic.

The suggestion is a way to deal with the current issues, but it's not a good way in my opinion, as it breaks a more fundamental principle. It creates a sort of brutally lopsided battlefield. At the end of the day it should be up to player skill wether a guild archer or barbarian can beat a religion knight or priest.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Demian wrote: Yeah, and let's keep it that way then.

At least you're honest in your biased views now, all I asked.
632-140-419
Demian

Post by Demian »

Vaux27 wrote:
Demian wrote: Yeah, and let's keep it that way then.

At least you're honest in your biased views now, all I asked.
The same as you I suppose.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If this goes trough it breaks current class balance, so just to make it clear for you guys NO.

It'd turn our class system in parts of fighters into three fighters only, rest would be worthless in current pvp and you guys should suck it up not doing religious dmg to me. Boosting your own arses sure i know why ya want that for your already OP characters.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

If it was to go through I would imagine than enchantment stones would be enabled in pvp so no-one is really at a loss?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Athan01 wrote:If it was to go through I would imagine than enchantment stones would be enabled in pvp so no-one is really at a loss?
The reason why i've stayed out of religions is because i dislike the increase in incoming damage more than i like the increase in damaged dealt. So please add the enchantment stones to be used to armours at the same aaaand... we hit +-0 situation again. So not worth of impletementing. Kthxbai.

Just for note, if you wanna force every damn single player and character into religions here is your gun to do it. I dislike it i dont want it, if it happens I will leave.

I'd rather encourage removing the all possible advantages(Im not implying that every rite or ritual has to be removed, rather balance them) given to religions and balance it so that no matter what you choose, you are equal with other players in some sort of terms. Thus we could perhaps progress forward to remove religions from the guild form, so that piety classed characters could actualy choose and RP whatever they wish to actualy do. Instead of current forced version. (ofcourse control rules to get piety etc. should be made to keep the shard in tracks somehow)

EDIT: and VauX I'd gladly show how to play your priest, but ofcourse harvesting cotton is more important. Because it cant be realy helped, if you cant play a good character correctly and want it to be boosted to become OP.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Demian wrote: The same as you I suppose.
Throwing plastic rocks in your glass house, good for you.

Ivan wrote: EDIT: and VauX I'd gladly show how to play your priest, but ofcourse harvesting cotton is more important. Because it cant be realy helped, if you cant play a good character correctly and want it to be boosted to become OP.

Speaking of biased, it's well known you hate religions, I mean you only make it known daily, right? But directly drawing up all your opinions because of how it effects you is not what this thread was about, it's about everyone across the shard.

Here's the deal Ivan, it's irrelevant to me if this gets implemented, but of course it absolutely should. You may not like it, and I'm sorry if you don't because this is the truth, religions are suppose to be more powerful than your Barbarian. That's fine if you think it's unfair, but you fight against the odds and you usually do just fine. The problem with your backhanded comments on my flax fields and priest is that I made this comment not to effect my characters, it was for how it should be in religion vs guild. It doesn't matter to me if I get this or not, it's my opinion that the RP of this ENTIRE shard is that religions are a higher power. Their blessed weapons are a key part to their higher powers, they should of course damage the lesser non-religious characters. Plain and simple.

Is it unfair? Sure. But that's how Pangaea has operated, and if we wish to ignore the true RP of religions and their deity, that's cool too. Doesn't concern me in the long run, this shard will never be perfect, and it's not like any of us expect that. Before you make comments however try to put yourself in everyone's shoes...not just your own.
632-140-419
dwight

Post by dwight »

No to this idea. It wouldn't make any sense, specially if alliance restrictions are getting up. Religions are already superior to guilds.
Vaux27 wrote:You fellas rather have rites other religions don't have
Sorry Vaux, but I had to laught about this one. If you want other religion rituals, you should have joined other religions.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ved Dwight wrote:No to this idea. It wouldn't make any sense, specially if alliance restrictions are getting up. Religions are already superior to guilds.
Vaux27 wrote:You fellas rather have rites other religions don't have
Sorry Vaux, but I had to laught about this one. If you want other religion rituals, you should have joined other religions.

Oh which part was the funniest? The one where you missed the point your HP made of no balance, or where you read what you wanted and deducted a couple of words from the sentence?

The amazing Lord Dwight, I'm sorry that we don't have time to discuss tomes and deter the thread here, but thank you for your brilliance as always.
632-140-419
dwight

Post by dwight »

The most funny is your constant whine, even in this kind of topics, and also the strange reason you think you are the almighty keeper of knowledge. I'll adopt the same behavior and say: you are wrong, you have no clue about what balance is or anything related to PvP, and Demian point is much more valid. Religions are already on top.