What to do re: PvP #4

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce religious damage to allied guildmembers?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 59

Demian

Re: What to do re: PvP #4

Post by Demian »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Demian wrote: Sure it does if the RP of the guild is say, opposing Law and Lord British like AP. Play again?

Edit: Okay, I'll explain it better. Why it would restrict RP is because there would barely be any guilds left to oppose religions after this. I though that would be quite clear.
So you wouldn't RP opposing lord Blackthorne just because you're not on equal terms in pvp? And AP has been there doing it for years, even when law had the ridiculously OP tome and they did religion dmg to them
I am not equal in terms of PvP on my assassin against Tekstone and Imperial even currently? But taking religious damage while not dealing it is too much of a boost to religions. And AP has been doing it for years yeah, but at the same time AP used to have a lot of necros and everyone knows just how OP those were aswell.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Your assassin is on par if not better than most religious chars due to paralyze pots. Especially if bard boosted so idk why you always say your at a disadvantage when most your characters are at advantage.

This could help stop all the metagaming and cause guilds to not mess with religions as much but I think it wouldnt fully fix the problem as we have seen in past guilds like cabal, sod, nox, etc have still fought against law and would just hurt people like athan who arnt in religions on any char.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

The current concept is based on "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage".

Breaking that harmony isn't developing, it's taking two steps back.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

It's simple logic, religions have special powers given to them by their Gods. Guilds have no true weakness when taking hits from religions, of course add the religious damage. You pay the price for challenging a higher power. No way around that, sorry.
632-140-419
Biao

Post by Biao »

Ivan wrote:No it was removed for a reason to begin with, keep it away from non-religious fella's. Otherwise Im off of this shard for good.
Same here. If this happens im out again.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Good riddance then, religions are meant to be better than normal guilds.

If you guys don't like that, I don't think you chose the right shard then.
632-140-419
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

I have to agree with Vaux on this, if you're against a religion by alignment with their enemy their God knows it... and he/she WILL help to destroy you for that transgression.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Rites aren't enough to do that?

But sure, if it's this kind of old fashioned thinking we go for then I'm sure people don't have any issues with the so called "balance" either.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Demian wrote:Rites aren't enough to do that?

But sure, if it's this kind of old fashioned thinking we go for then I'm sure people don't have any issues with the so called "balance" either.
Well duh, there isn't any balance anyway remember? You fellas rather have rites other religions don't have, I suppose you may have to suck it up this time.
632-140-419
Demian

Post by Demian »

Vaux27 wrote:
Demian wrote:Rites aren't enough to do that?

Well duh, there isn't any balance anyway remember? You fellas rather have rites other religions don't have, I suppose you may have to suck it up this time.
Yeah, and let's keep it that way then.