What to do re: PvP #4

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce religious damage to allied guildmembers?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 59

Vaux27

Re: What to do re: PvP #4

Post by Vaux27 »

Lol, GMs please remove this flaming nonsense, including mine. Some people can't stay on topic and enjoy showing their ignorance I suppose.
632-140-419
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Or how about we just stop the flaming! 8-)
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Lolololol Ved you are a moron and dont know anything about the game as obvious from that post. Vaux may be wrong about most things but demian is always only concerned about his characters not getting nerfed and everything he fights against not getting boosted so yeah go say you know things are balanced.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Lolololol Ved you are a moron and dont know anything about the game as obvious from that post. Vaux may be wrong about most things but demian is always only concerned about his characters not getting nerfed and everything he fights against not getting boosted so yeah go say you know things are balanced.
Lolololol. Forum jailed.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Lolololol Ved you are a moron and dont know anything about the game as obvious from that post. Vaux may be wrong about most things but demian is always only concerned about his characters not getting nerfed and everything he fights against not getting boosted so yeah go say you know things are balanced.
Well yeah, I guess I am quite concerned for my characters because you guys keep making topics to change everything every time something isn't your way or just simply not to your liking. I would be quite happy with the way this shard was years ago, I play it as it is, not try to make it into something else all the time. And this poll is just one more of those times, I suppose because you can't even beat a guild with double the manpower on religious chars like we saw last time. But your characters being weak is hardly the reason that happens.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian wrote:
Well yeah, I guess I am quite concerned for my characters because you guys keep making topics to change everything every time something isn't your way or just simply not to your liking. I would be quite happy with the way this shard was years ago, I play it as it is, not try to make it into something else all the time. And this poll is just one more of those times, I suppose because you can't even beat a guild with double the manpower on religious chars like we saw last time. But your characters being weak is hardly the reason that happens.
Actually. Every post you make Demian is biased. Like I said before, you have lost your credability. Why some people keep reading your posts is beyond me.

On the topic: Nah. Take religion damage - you deal religion damage. Lets stick with that.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

phew...
i got to post before it got locked!
i think the ones that should somehow feel a bit hurt if this change happens is AG since i suppose JL and SE and whatever aren't really that active.

now, let's take a break from the game here and stop thinking about our characters.

don't you think it makes ALL the sense that religions are simply stronger than guilds?i'm not talking about piety characters. i'm talking about religions.

a question. can't AG chars join Law then?i don't understand the rp fact that they're willing to fight imperial, be able to defeat godly powers and at the same time don't want to change OoL, like they despise winchester or something...
if they want to keep their "own armaggedon glory rp", i totally get it, but why not just make those chars in Law called armaggedon glory officers or whatever the fuck...a sect inside the religion or something

as for rites being good enough of an advantage. the boosts and blesses and stuff aren't advantages. they're meant to bring piety chars (mainly priest and monk, which suck badly without those) to be in par with the other chars. if you're talking about solitude, then we've seen it's good yeah, but ppl want it removed. if you're talking about malleus, we don't have it. so i don't see where's our massive advantage.

in all rp seriousness, any religion should be wiping the floor with guild chars. but i also understand that it would suck for any non religious char and it sucks even more to force everyone who likes pvp to be a religious char. thus this change is, like i said, delicate
Biao

Post by Biao »

Glar as far as RP goes AG were always a mercenary guild, made by a bunch of war/chaos maniacs ,Crin left teks, uric stopped making plague, malek...(dont remember the rp of malek ^^) and joined together to create the guild (i wish i had kept the RP stories we made at the time... ). Join Law will just ruin all the RP behind it.
Glar wrote:as for rites being good enough of an advantage. the boosts and blesses and stuff aren't advantages. they're meant to bring piety chars (mainly priest and monk, which suck badly without those) to be in par with the other chars. if you're talking about solitude, then we've seen it's good yeah, but ppl want it removed. if you're talking about malleus, we don't have it. so i don't see where's our massive advantage.
Like i stated before, I'm all up for imps /teks whatever have the same rituals as laws ones.
That been said the reason Imps lose fights, are not because you lack the rituals for it. Last fight it was clearly to everyone that you lack the skills to win the pvp fights, you admitted it yourself. 10v5 or whatever and losing is very bad, considering there was only ags there.
I'm not trying to insult anyone with this far from it...

Maybe you should try to get some ally of yours to teach the religion as an whole some pvp first (maybe one of the teks that are allied with you guys, i duno). Because the way i see it, is you guys trying to get advantages through more dps to weaps or asking gms for rituals in order to win.
For what i heard, gms are already working on fair rituals to everyone and i really hope they implement it fast.

Anyway like i stated before i'm completely against this. This will only make that priests/knights more dominant in pvp and the little balance between class that exist will even be more broken.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah it was our own fault we lost even when outnumbering. i'm talking from a pure rp point of view here. religions should be stronger than guilds, and like i said on my post, i completely understand that AG want to keep their status.
what i don't understand is that esuna wouldn't make them pay for fighting against imperials..

life is good, i just gained heighten taste id in 27 minutes since the last gain lol. i'm expecting the next gain to take 30 hours since i've had a couple of gains that took more than 20 hours lol.

back on topic. i understand that it sucks to take religious dmg without dealing it. all i want is an rp explanation for the fact that guilds that are fighting a religion don't suffer from the religion's higher power.
now, on a completely neutral note, i don't think that apart from certain rituals (solitude usable in glow/brit and malleus for law/tek) religious chars are stronger.
assassins have paralyze pots, barbarians always hit well, now top that with druid and bard blesses. a bard is basically a "religion advantage killer" since he will even (if not top) all the blesses/shields religious advantages. barbarian's weakness is, as has been said, that they take a lot of dmg. they don't take so much dmg after a bard shield and fighting against 85 tactics religious chars while NOT receiving religious dmg. i'm not saying it's illegal, but it's a good tactic. and it pays off, otherwise i'm sure you'd be playing law chars instead no? :D we've having fights against AG every other day, and i can't remember when have we been fighting law as a whole lately.

like i said, life is good, and i'm not to worry. it's just a question of time before we adapt our strategy.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Sorry Glar but religions shouldn't be stronger than guilds or it creates imbalances in PvM. Some of them are already barely tolerable.

Also adding religion damage back to allies will only make things much worse for this bullshit PVP mentality.

People will declare wars and make allies based on how much damage they will take in PVP - not any legitimate roleplay reason.

Religions should be separate as much as possible since IMO at this point they're downright poisonous.

I don't think ANY of the religions give a flying fuck about how their actions impact the server and I'm tried of it. We're a community - these people should be your friends - stop acting like 12 year olds.

I say if people don't start playing the game for fun and doing shit other than ganking we start removing religious leadership until we get someone who can actually roleplay not just "roleplay".

I hate to give the GMs more work - they're already overworked and busting their asses for free - however I think they need to take a more active role in the tone the shard takes or people will start abandoning ship.