What to do re: PvP #4

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce religious damage to allied guildmembers?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 59

tehsquish

Re: What to do re: PvP #4

Post by tehsquish »

Another option - give everyone a piety drop and make it so that last bit of piety can only be granted by GM for good roleplay.

Those of you that are playing your religion properly should have nothing to fear.
Prince

Post by Prince »

what i don't understand is that esuna wouldn't make them pay for fighting against imperials..
you have weapon and armour blesses, veritas, solitas and paralyse. Dont you think Esuma does too much already? :D

Religions already has advantages (some more than others and that should change) but tomes shouldnt do all the job and its up to players dont you think?
As a side note i do agree piety should be tied to rp at least 40>
Biao

Post by Biao »

To answer your questions Glar... We are never dblessed, since our druid is not playing. We have 2 barbarians on whole AG, Crin and Ashon. We have 2 members of laws within our ranks (Ved and demien)...

Yes bards blesses are good, but that's the advantage of having one in a group. Also boost song is never better then a boost from priest. +27 from bard...

I agree with you in a way saying barbarians are OP, they are by far the best class to pvp with atm imo. Saying they take a lot of dmg is not really a bad point, since pvp on pangas is basically hit and run.
If this gets implemented , barbarians going to join religions their hight dmg + dog(so OP!) + religion dmg... this can only work !

Also the reason we don't invite laws to fight with us, is because imps will just run to the city afraid of the malleys etc, and this makes pvp even more boring imo. Also i dont like to fight with them nearby ^^

To the recent ideas of piety thing... I hate it !
When i was hp of nature, that was one of the things i hated the most, see people that deserved more piety, couldn't pass the 30 mark. Anyway im outside any religion atm, so i dont care!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

tehsquish wrote:Sorry Glar but religions shouldn't be stronger than guilds or it creates imbalances in PvM. Some of them are already barely tolerable.

I say if people don't start playing the game for fun and doing shit other than ganking we start removing religious leadership until we get someone who can actually roleplay not just "roleplay".
completely agree with you. but then we need to change the piety system.
also, i think in pvm guilds and religions should be equal.
Prince wrote: you have weapon and armour blesses, veritas, solitas and paralyse. Dont you think Esuma does too much already? :D
weapon and armor blesses are basically negated when the enemy is bard blessed/shielded and in a non religion faction. we do have veritas and paralyze as an advantage. solitas is not an argument since it's only usable in brit/glow and those areas should obviously have great religious advantage

bards can bless and shield everyone in 15 seconds. we take a bit more than 15 seconds to bless and shield everyone :P

really, the only advantages i can see is veritas and paralyze. one can be countered, and the only isn't offensive (not saying it isn't useful though)

if it keeps up like this i may have to ask for imps to have malleus so we actually have a religious advantage against non religions? :P
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Biao wrote:I agree with you in a way saying barbarians are OP, they are by far the best class to pvp with atm imo. Saying they take a lot of dmg is not really a bad point, since pvp on pangas is basically hit and run.
If this gets implemented , barbarians going to join religions their hight dmg + dog(so OP!) + religion dmg... this can only work !
it's exactly what will happen :D :D :D

about the bard blesses and shield. the shield is as good if not better (depending on instrument and shit). way faster aswell
about the blesses. ANY non religious char will have more str than a priest after bard bless unless you're an assassin or the priest has more than 40p. otherwise priest's 105str will make them have less str than anyone else after a bard bless.
if you're saying priests bless other ppl for +27. we don't. we're not 60p priests with ancient med like zarek :P
Demian

Post by Demian »

Priests definately get more AR than non-religious people do. And nothing is stopping them from getting a bard shield aswell on top of armament. And while it may be true Priests don't get as high str as most other classes, Priests have other skills to make up for it which you yourself aswell usually whine about (100 healing and resist). 100 healing alone is a huge advantage in PvP.

Imo things are pretty balanced overall atm. Religions still have an advantage over non-religious people due to the high AR as I said and other rites on top of it. Religious classes are pretty balanced aswell, though I personally think Knights are a bit too good these days, but idc.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Not sure I agree religions should be OP compared to non-religious chars. I really don't. Being in a religion should give you advantages, access to new stuff and RP yeah, but actually make you OP compared to other chars? Why? It's not like there's a RP requirement or it's an achievement.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

All hail Ares! Hopefully Vaux learns something from this.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Demian wrote:Priests have other skills to make up for it which you yourself aswell usually whine about (100 healing and resist). 100 healing alone is a huge advantage in PvP.
never ever whined about 100 healing. that is what i think the priest has that should always stick with him, and it's a good skill. i did whine about 100 res spells.

as for the AR, i get like +24 so a bard can give more (unless i get my armament and then get a bard shield on top of that). anyways, moving on

yesterday it just hit me
why are we discussing this as one possible suggestion to the state of grief pvp and stuff. afaik, it's not guild's fault that the state is that of grief pvp? atleast doesn't seem to be. it's a question of attitude

new idea: leave everything as is, change your attitude and stop grief pvp
there
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Biggs wrote:mess with a religion you get burnt simple as. YES.
Still applies religions > guilds they have other crap to do other than constsnly be harresed by no lifers.