What to do re: PvP #4

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce religious damage to allied guildmembers?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 59

Palma

Re: What to do re: PvP #4

Post by Palma »

Says the guy with that signature.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Glarundis wrote:new idea: leave everything as is, change your attitude and stop grief pvp
directed at us all ok?we really don't need to change something in the system, just be more friendly towards eachother
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Religion damage should not hurt allied guild members. I think of the damage of religion to be associated with the hitter/receiver having piety from their god/goddess.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The current concept is based on "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage".

Breaking that harmony isn't developing, it's taking two steps back.
+1 on this. It's a logical and consistent dynamic.

The suggestion is a way to deal with the current issues, but it's not a good way in my opinion, as it breaks a more fundamental principle. It creates a sort of brutally lopsided battlefield. At the end of the day it should be up to player skill wether a guild archer or barbarian can beat a religion knight or priest.
Changed my mind after doing some RTFM! Voting yes, because it's only guilds allied to religions, not guilds per se.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Mike wrote:
Mike wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The current concept is based on "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage".

Breaking that harmony isn't developing, it's taking two steps back.
+1 on this. It's a logical and consistent dynamic.

The suggestion is a way to deal with the current issues, but it's not a good way in my opinion, as it breaks a more fundamental principle. It creates a sort of brutally lopsided battlefield. At the end of the day it should be up to player skill wether a guild archer or barbarian can beat a religion knight or priest.
Changed my mind after doing some RTFM! Voting yes, because it's only guilds allied to religions, not guilds per se.
I'm okay with that if guilds allied to religions can have their shit blessed by religions as well.

In such a case "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage" is still valid.
Prince

Post by Prince »

I'm okay with that if guilds allied to religions can have their shit blessed by religions as well.

In such a case "you don't do religion damage, you don't receive religion damage vs. you do religion damage, you receive religion damage" is still valid.
+1
but i still think making blesses by religions only for religions made sence.. so im all up for let it be as it is
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Mike wrote:Changed my mind after doing some RTFM! Voting yes, because it's only guilds allied to religions, not guilds per se.
Would result in the current alliances being broken, but the guilds still fighting alongside religions. Thus, nothing changes.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:
Mike wrote:Changed my mind after doing some RTFM! Voting yes, because it's only guilds allied to religions, not guilds per se.
Would result in the current alliances being broken, but the guilds still fighting alongside religions. Thus, nothing changes.
Unless the Reinforcement Rule is changed to allies only. (Gotta be allied on stone and roleplayed)
I don't have an opinion on the matter atm. Just saying, that would be a solution.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Haley

Post by Haley »

First off I think that PVP should be allotted to only religions but I am keeping that aspect out of this topic, even though it would make this easier to imply/enforce.

I think that by joining a religion, you get bonuses to dmg or protection vs certain things. I think it should be a static increase and not depending on a target's allegiance. Example: Law blesses their weapon to do holy dmg allowed by their god. That dmg is afflicted against anyone that maul hits.

I think that each religion should have it's own specialty. Not just those types of spells but their good ones fall into these catagories.

Law: Defense spells
Tek: Dmg spells
Nature: Stopping spells. (silence/para/etc)
Imp: Merchant/money spells. (Skill boost/sale prices/etc)

But at the topic, again, I think it should be static regardless of target.