What to do re: PvP #6

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Introduce .pvpon/.pvpoff

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 68

Mike

Re: What to do re: PvP #6

Post by Mike »

I think recognizing the resolution of a conflict, wether it is favorable or not, is important if we are to move on. "No one gives up" is right. We grief and troll around and circumvent the designs of the current system. Being able to say "all right, you got this one, we'll be back in due time" may be a critical element in getting this shard to a better place.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Ares

Post by Ares »

Mike wrote:We grief and troll around and circumvent the designs of the current system.
Don't do that...?
dwight

Post by dwight »

No. I would rather prefer to have, for example, one No-PvP area, destined to those who just want to hunt safely, but the loot should be decreased. If you want good loot you must go to a risky area.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

If we went this route, this is the better option.

Cruxis Bane wrote:Just make dungeons nonpvp areas and add incentive to hunt on mainland so that robbers will still be able to find people besides merchants.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i voted no, because this seems highly out of rp.
also, it's hard to get a clear picture of what this would work like, if we haven't been given any details.
could you change it at any time?
either way, it seems too out of rp. you simply don't get to say "hey i don't want to rp with you, in this case it means, i don't want to pvp with you since it's a part of what would happen here in a normal situation".
this argument also goes for the whole reason me and kat are trying to say when we can't really roleplay alone when everyone else doesn't want to board on the same train. it just destroys the whole thing, making it a make belief inside a make belief, a game within a game, if you will
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ares wrote:
Mike wrote:We grief and troll around and circumvent the designs of the current system.
Don't do that...?
For my Christmas gift next year, all I want from Santa is world peace! :P

Seriously though, give the analytical angle a spin and see what you come up with. I look at how PvP players behave to get one up on their opponents and any rules the Staff makes. Maybe there's another way to understand what's been going on historically and where are now. I'd like to hear it, if so. Most of what I see since these discussions started are unqualified votes and emotional decisionmaking (on the part of the players) without any real reasoning. We've got to indentify the causes of the problem, get to the root issues, and then implement changes towards the desired goal. If the staff does this the right way the player base as a whole will be manipulated away from unconstructive behavior. I'm not sure what exactly is the right way, but I'm pretty positive the account-based religious affiliation will help reduce the polarization and hatred - just as the declarations of war against guilds lately increased it.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Haley

Post by Haley »

I say yes but only if it's a one time command before you leave baseclass. I think if you are in baseclass you could revert back and forth. Reasoning is that you were once a Treasure hunter but you got even more greedy and decided to become an assassin to kill and steal more. Or you were a bloodthirsty Necro but now you are a happy go lucky druid.

Or if it was just strictly a single time use and someone feels like they want to PVP now that they are maxed/heightened/etc and feel safe enough to do it. If it is done this way, I think it should have a date prompt on when they did it or removed it. Reason is because we will have people requesting to turn it off and on and that should be reverted only by a GM/Admin and can't just be turned on and off on the whim of the player. Maybe have an IF command that checks to see if they have changed it before or make an +1 note letting the faculty know how often this character has been switched. No switching past 4.
Siren

Post by Siren »

If this feature was used I would actually do this account-wide and be able to change it once ever few months or so, that way sure you can choose to not PvP but then you cant just change to a PvP character as you wish(This way players who are opted out of PvP will most likely not be involved in any wars).
-614-337-228-
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

i voted yes but feel this should be a once a month change or something. the way i lag im lucky to pvm an overpowered caster in many cases much less pvp. only down side to this is those who use religion to pvm so they can keep alive wishing to avoid pvp type situations. edit: if allowed id make it turn pvp off for the whole account 8-)
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

I vote no, RP reasons, and safety wheels are for children
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981