What to do re: PvP #69 - Bring back Boris?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Bring back Boris?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 59

Johnny Walac

Re: What to do re: PvP #69 - Bring back Boris?

Post by Johnny Walac »

Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

You're just out of the loop, Kat. You should of figured that out 30 posts ago.

What comes to the poll, I don't think it's about Boris being an admin. Those days are clearly gone and as far as I know, he still doesn't share the same view with the current staff. Being responsible for rule violations and punishments is another thing. It's a dirty job that he enjoys.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote: Those days are clearly gone and as far as I know, he still doesn't share the same view with the current staff.
All the more reason to say Nope to Boris...
He did fine while he was here, but he left the door open for the dogs to come in and out as they please... time for the new Administration to determine whether or not the dogs are welcome and as players we either stick with the decision or gtfo.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Kat Asherstone wrote:I had immense respect back in those days for Do'Brim... but "Boris" and his way of Administering and pandering to 1 group not so much.
I don't think Boris favoured any one group. Hell, we who know the guy IRL, didn't even know he was Boris until he quit. It seemed during the years he lost interest and turned from someone who genuinely tried to help people to a douchebag - equally to everyone.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote:I had immense respect back in those days for Do'Brim... but "Boris" and his way of Administering and pandering to 1 group not so much.
I don't think Boris favoured any one group. Hell, we who know the guy IRL, didn't even know he was Boris until he quit. It seemed during the years he lost interest and turned from someone who genuinely tried to help people to a douchebag - equally to everyone.
I'd love to believe that, I really would... but as much of a "douchebag" he was, I can think of more times when it appeared to be directed at the RP side of the server in favor of the PvP side, and maybe I am mistaken, but I am a man who requires evidence... and all of my personal experience with it indicate that it was in fact bias... like I said, I used to think highly of Do'Brim but when I heard he was Boris it was a HUGE shock, even now I still hate to think that someone so into the RP could (imho) turn their back on the RPer's.
and like I said, maybe you're right... but the fact that this PvP thing boiled over the way it has, to me, shows that my evidence is more spot on than off mark as some people would like to claim.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

am i the only one who is waiting for next kats post to see an other meme/gif made by johnny?
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

James Blackburn wrote:am i the only one who is waiting for next kats post to see an other meme/gif made by johnny?
He don't need my help anymore. He is digging his own hole pretty well. ;)
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I don't think Boris favoured any one group. Hell, we who know the guy IRL, didn't even know he was Boris until he quit.
As far as I know, Boris treated the people he knew from RL even worse than others. Being an even bigger dick to them made the cover thicker. Otherwise I agree with Darian, being completely incognito made sure that typical accusations on being biased, etc. were eliminated. After banning several players and fellow GM's, there really isn't any space to start favoring anyone.

Or, well, I guess he did favor Johnny like Kat's continuesly implying... in form of marks and jail time.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:I don't think Boris favoured any one group. Hell, we who know the guy IRL, didn't even know he was Boris until he quit.
As far as I know, Boris treated the people he knew from RL even worse than others. Being an even bigger dick to them made the cover thicker. Otherwise I agree with Darian, being completely incognito made sure that typical accusations on being biased, etc. were eliminated. After banning several players and fellow GM's, there really isn't any space to start favoring anyone.

Or, well, I guess he did favor Johnny like Kat's continuesly implying... in form of marks and jail time.
Yeah, I remember when he punished me to get information about Telborea taking over Malas. A real hardass towards trolls and PvP'ers that guy.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris did totally not give Telborea a malas rune.

PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2