No loot week?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

No loot week?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 28

tehsquish

No loot week?

Post by tehsquish »

I was thinking maybe it would be nice for people to have a week of PVP without some of the more unsavory elements.

It doesn't have to be next week - whenever people would like.

You could be free to use your best gear and try crazy tactics that would otherwise get punished.

Just basically an opportunity for fun PVP instead of a gankfest.

People could also come out of their comfort zones more for hunting or other activities if they desire - might be a nice change of pace.
Cirius Do'Brim

Re: No loot week?

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Or just contact a GM and plan such an event together.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Well i think it would be better if it weren't a strictly regulated event. Just regular PVP without the danger. If people can't be trusted to obey the no looting rules then yeah - we would need some GM participation.

Edit: and just to be clear I'm not trying to force it on anyone - I just thought it might be fun
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I've been giving this idea of;
No looting weekend.

Since we already have 2x gain weekend.
We could aswell have 2x coindrop weekend along the lines.
Palma

Post by Palma »

I'd much rather more see something like, a 2 hours period every week where there's no rules and the World doesn't save either.

For example, the world saves for the last time at 14h GMT, and then until 16h GMT there are no saves. At which point the server then returns to his 14h GMT Save.

People could use their full equipments, dragons, etc. Even kill their own friends! Go red, plague Britain...

Could be lots of fun!
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Palma wrote:I'd much rather more see something like, a 2 hours period every week where there's no rules and the World doesn't save either.

For example, the world saves for the last time at 14h GMT, and then until 16h GMT there are no saves. At which point the server then returns to his 14h GMT Save.

People could use their full equipments, dragons, etc. Even kill their own friends! Go red, plague Britain...

Could be lots of fun!
and those who want to do something else, can't because after 2h they will lose everything? or i misunderstood you?
Palma

Post by Palma »

James Blackburn wrote:
Palma wrote:I'd much rather more see something like, a 2 hours period every week where there's no rules and the World doesn't save either.

Could be lots of fun!
and those who want to do something else, can't because after 2h they will lose everything? or i misunderstood you?
Well.. yea xD But it's 2h a week dude! Could be 1 hour if 2 is too much :p
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Zaradon wrote:I've been giving this idea of;
No looting weekend.

Since we already have 2x gain weekend.
We could aswell have 2x coindrop weekend along the lines.
This is what I was thinking too Zara - but it seems like nobody likes the idea (I wonder why?....) so it likely wont happen.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Cause it's a whole week xD If it was like, a day every month or so, maybe people would mind less :P
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

I personally like the idea of having some PvP-free dungeons and PvP-okay dungeons, with the PvP-okay dungeons having better returns to compensate for the higher risk.