New PvP rules vs. Old PvP rules

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which version do you prefer and why?

New rules
67%
Old rules
33%

Total votes: 30

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: New PvP rules vs. Old PvP rules

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Ivan wrote:Yea they worked, as long as people had patience to read it 12 times before understanding the contents completely. They were quite open to interpretation. As an example, if I remember correctly robberies were under common PVP rules and its the only place in the rules that mentions even the "halt" and right to attack if the opponent runs. Then the war rules refer to normal pvp rules etc. So mix ups can be expected.
And that's fine. You shouldn't be PvP'ing if you don't fully understand the rules... and that applies even more to robbing.

Also I honestly think players mostly learn from mistakes. You make a mistake and you know better the next time. That routine has shaped several players from complete clusterfucks to players, who know the rules better than the GM's.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Also I honestly think players mostly learn from mistakes. You make a mistake and you know better the next time. That routine has shaped several players from complete clusterfucks to players, who know the rules better than the GM's.
That's one way to do it...

...or, we can have clear rules to avoid clusterfucks to begin with?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

EDIT: Answered to cirre's post.

Or another option is to rephrase the rules, like they did so that every person can understand them a bit more easily. Or were those rules supposed to be a way to keep people from running around and killing each other? Or was the staff simply so "nice" that they wanted people to get jailed, because of misunderstandings?

Either way, new rules seem to be the same, but easier to understand. Neither are worse than another.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Could we have some cliffs on what exactly is new, besides the nice halt command and some warring guild requirements? A list that combines the two would be more clear for this poll.

I'm sure I would miss the point on what exactly is new and matters here.
632-140-419
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

It's pretty well explained in the new rule setup and there wouldn't be room for loopholes.

I like the new rules more than the old ones, too many unwritten lines which provide too much freedom for asshole behaviour.