New PvP rules vs. Old PvP rules

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which version do you prefer and why?

New rules
67%
Old rules
33%

Total votes: 30

Cirius Do'Brim

New PvP rules vs. Old PvP rules

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Darian Darkmind

Re: New PvP rules vs. Old PvP rules

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I wonder what Boris had done if every decision he ever made was questioned by a poll right after... oh yeah, instant lock with no chance of reasoning. ;)
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

What difference does this make? The new rules are the new rules, they're not going to revert back to the old ones anyway. Just go with the flow. I mean there have been like 30 awesome changes during my time off, and when I get back I'm stoked to find my chars statcaps boosted, magic books, new ores, new mobs, new dungeon ALL THAT GOOD SH*T, and now people are purposely busting their own balls with the pvp. I say welcome for the new rules.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Old rules would have been more than fine with just something added on warring guilds to make it actually require heavy reasons.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I wonder what Boris had done if every decision he ever made was questioned by a poll right after... oh yeah, instant lock with no chance of reasoning. ;)
But Boris didn't do any wrong decisions. :?

This is purely created out of interest though. Looking forward to see how the opinions divide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

New rules of course. Better and cleaner.

You troll.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:I wonder what Boris had done if every decision he ever made was questioned by a poll right after... oh yeah, instant lock with no chance of reasoning. ;)
But Boris didn't do any wrong decisions. :?

This is purely created out of interest though. Looking forward to see how the opinions divide.
but why do you feel the new rules are a wrong decision?
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I don't see anything wrong with the new rules... nor do I see anything wrong in the old ones. They've worked for 11 years. That's a lot of history.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I dont see much difference in the rules besides some added warring requirements and probably just restatement of what it was but I like the new ones because if the staff came up with their changes it means they know them in and out thus making future issues faster. Fully like what the staff Is doing considering with taking all this crap from us players they are still going out and adding to the shard.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the new rules... nor do I see anything wrong in the old ones. They've worked for 11 years. That's a lot of history.
Yea they worked, as long as people had patience to read it 12 times before understanding the contents completely. They were quite open to interpretation. As an example, if I remember correctly robberies were under common PVP rules and its the only place in the rules that mentions even the "halt" and right to attack if the opponent runs. Then the war rules refer to normal pvp rules etc. So mix ups can be expected.

New rules are quite clearly worded, also they seem a bit more harsh which is just a good thing. (I suggest reading those examples and the stuff that happens after making an accusation. As well as how the accusations are made nowdays.)