More robbers?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Relax the rules on robbers?

Yes (allow everyone to have robbers)
45%
No - but something needs changed
13%
Keep it as it is
9%
No religions can have robber alts (tek&nat)
33%

Total votes: 55

Iktomi

Re: More robbers?

Post by Iktomi »

I personally would like to see at least some robber activity (and also proper outlaws who aren't robbers). I don't, however, think that outlaws should have a fair standing against Law/Imperial.

Related things that I'd like to see:
- Make it so that red is restricted to actual murderers and not simply to enemies of Law. (Some sort of amnesty program would likely to be implemented along with this)
- Boost Imperial's capacity to fight outlaws.
- Mandate both Imperial and Law with combating outlaws.
- Remove salvation from Law and have it game mechanic based.
- Introduce alternative methods for getting out of Wrong (for example paying bribes or "hard labour") and possibly making Wrong somewhat easier (as right now a religious team is basically required to break anyone out).

I think one of the stupid things re: robbers on Pangaea has been that robbers feel the need to fully rob/loot anyone when such an opportunity presents itself. There's no reason it needs to be this way, and in reality, robbers would typically only loot things that are worth their while.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Iktomi wrote:I think one of the stupid things re: robbers on Pangaea has been that robbers feel the need to fully rob/loot anyone when such an opportunity presents itself. There's no reason it needs to be this way, and in reality, robbers would typically only loot things that are worth their while.
Fault of that is partly on the victims as well.

Robbers have never been allowed to ask for "all items". Instead the robber must have specified his items. Say, for example "give me your weapons, your armors and your clothes". What I'd like is to require the robbers be a bit more specific. You can't ask for weapons, when you only see one weapon. Therefore you are only allowed to ask for the weapon the character is using. Armors you can ask, because you can obviously see the full set. What comes to clothes though, this is the biggest change I'd like to see. Instead of asking for "clothes" in plural, the robber should be required to state which clothes he wants. "Give me that robe, those armors and that maul". Should the victim co-operate and while giving the items there appears to be more clothes underneath the robe and the armors, the robber is no longer allowed to ask them.

Though, in most case scenarios the victims either try to run or stall and call for backup which always leads to ganking and full-looting.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Iktomi wrote:I personally would like to see at least some robber activity (and also proper outlaws who aren't robbers). I don't, however, think that outlaws should have a fair standing against Law/Imperial.
exactly

just like criminals shouldn't have a fair standing against the police. you get to rob people, but you also get killed/jailed/whatever if the police catches you. the big guys with the big guns are there to maintain order. ultimately the criminals must lose or find alternative ways to win (bribes/corruption/etc)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:
Iktomi wrote:I personally would like to see at least some robber activity (and also proper outlaws who aren't robbers). I don't, however, think that outlaws should have a fair standing against Law/Imperial.
exactly

just like criminals shouldn't have a fair standing against the police. you get to rob people, but you also get killed/jailed/whatever if the police catches you. the big guys with the big guns are there to maintain order. ultimately the criminals must lose or find alternative ways to win (bribes/corruption/etc)
Yeah, so we cant just have a military state of our own that could pillage and rampage around the felucca. Because you know "gods give you super powers when you believe in them".

I still feel that you guys are being unreasonable keeping the religious advantage shit going on.

How come elite warriors and fighters cant match up to a "priest" or a "monk" who only prays around all day long? Again the reason is "god". In sense of RP its unreasonable even.

This is why we are lead to this 2 large factions situation even to begin with.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

ivan, the thing is, this is a rp shard where gods are real and they do matter. it's different from a shard where ppl may believe in gods but that doesn't mean they are real or that they award extra powers.but in here, ppl that are in religions are stronger because of that, the "god" reason.
the char doesn't just "pray" all day long. he/she does all that your characters do (pvp and pvm), but it also rp's the religion part.

and you have to keep in mind that these classes that have piety are worse compared to everyone else when they're not using their piety.

you could use the rp reason of having extra weapons and being the military here. but still, in this shard, the powers that the gods have and give to the characters will ALWAYS be stronger. what kind of rp in this particular shard would there be if a faithless character would be as powerful as a faithful one?

religions have certain powers and rituals because that's the kind of power that those gods have. it's bad rp if they're balanced.

at best there could be reasons like "they focus a lot of their time on spiritual power, so obviously they're not that combat fit (it explains why priests have 105str and 85 tactics and can't even use mauls)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

What I am saying glar is not that religions should be removed, I am just sayin that non-piety classes should be equal. Because we are players, we dont all wanna go into religious boohoo or w/e. Simply to give a reason and give options instead of having 3 classes.

Example everyone is striving for the religious alternatives, because they are simply more powerful. I'd love to see things that make them so much more powerful being balanced instead of just letting other classes die out.

Give options for RP, bring robbers back and let the people create their own kingdoms against religions. Sure there are things that could be left as an advantage compare to non-piety classes, but I am after that the raw power of the classes would be equal in fighting matters.

So in a nutshell 5v5 against religious lot with non-piety chars would be even fight instead of current religions always win.