More robbers?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Relax the rules on robbers?

Yes (allow everyone to have robbers)
45%
No - but something needs changed
13%
Keep it as it is
9%
No religions can have robber alts (tek&nat)
33%

Total votes: 55

Athan01

More robbers?

Post by Athan01 »

Would you like to see more robbers?

Things are just getting more boring around here from what I can see - There are too many restrictions.

My suggestion would be to let all religions have red & robber alts.

There is currently no reason for me to be worried about robbers when hunting on my blue archer as there are none. I find that rather boring and kinda lame - the best times I had on this shard was when SoD was robbing my ass every day when I was a newbie.

At the minute everyone is all joining into the same battle as the rules around religions are restricting everything.
Currently if your in a religion you are forced to be part of the AG/Law/Sinister vs Imp/Tek/JL/AP. Its gotten extremely boring and has made it impossible to have a small group fighting another small group as its one half of the shard against another.
This needs fixed imo.
Perhaps changing the robbing rules isn't an answer (atleast I see no negative aspect of it atleast) - would like some input on a possible fix to the current problem.
Last edited by Athan01 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cirius Do'Brim

Re: More robbers?

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

You (all) are not simply ready for it. So sorry, no.

Why? Look at the current world status with all the meta, flaming, accusing, whine, etc.

Add more spice to that mix and the server will blow up.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Yes. I've thought about it and even suggested it many times. Can't really call ourselves an RP shard if 4 of our characters are restricted from doing what we want with them because of the actions of 1. Doesn't make any sense.

And as a minor thing that allowing robbers for all would cause is that such alliances (Law+AG+SE or Imp+AP+JL etc) would start to break up and the game would be more versatile.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:You (all) are not simply ready for it. So sorry, no.

Why? Look at the current world status with all the meta, flaming, accusing, whine, etc.

Add more spice to that mix and the server will blow up.
I think the current world status is a result of the restrictions forcing players down the path that they have all gone down. It only gets worse, sadly.

The recent problems should have been squashed very quickly by the gms with a 2 week forum & IG ban.
Anything regarding wrong/imperial/law and all the whining regarding maunos/teks/ags etc.
If you were still about as boris I don't think people would have gotten a chance to say as much as they did on the matter on the forums.
I remember learning in history class years ago that the best way to squash a rebellion was do it before it starts.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

As an ex-robber, the problem aint that who is allowed to have robbers. Its more of the overall shard balance, because no one is stupid enough of fighting religions without religious support.

Religions are just way too popular, way more powerful with their piety characters than non-piety's are. So if you wish to see robbers on pangaea, they need huge zerg army of players who are not in connection with any religion. Thus its impossible because of the advantages that religions have, no one wishes to play a character that is in weaker class. Good examples of religions overpowered rites are aura's and arnament, especialy nature is favored for that OP aura in pvm.

EDIT: And there is no way to create non-religious faction due city controls and everything being in the hands of religions.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Demian wrote:
And as a minor thing that allowing robbers for all would cause is that such alliances (Law+AG+SE or Imp+AP+JL etc) would start to break up and the game would be more versatile.
Hitting the nail on the head with that one. This is what I mean when I say the current rules and restrictions have forced players down the same path.
Demian wrote:Yes. I've thought about it and even suggested it many times. Can't really call ourselves an RP shard if 4 of our characters are restricted from doing what we want with them because of the actions of 1.
Thanks to this I have 3 characters forced into the same side of the fight (imperial/AP)
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Ivan wrote:As an ex-robber, the problem aint that who is allowed to have robbers. Its more of the overall shard balance, because no one is stupid enough of fighting religions without religious support.
So, if I get it right... You are calling AG stupid for fighting alone vs Imperial?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Atlantis wrote:
Ivan wrote:As an ex-robber, the problem aint that who is allowed to have robbers. Its more of the overall shard balance, because no one is stupid enough of fighting religions without religious support.
So, if I get it right... You are calling AG stupid for fighting alone vs Imperial?
Yep, unless you have more players on the field than opponent when against religion. Its more of idiocy.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I wanna say yes, but I doubt people can handle it.
Perhaps after the tome balance. And the salvation system needs to be changed into a server controlled system.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Religion whine is still small compared to robber whine. That's coming purely from experience.

If Ares and pals are fed up already, I'm quite sure something like this is a direct no-go.