More robbers?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Relax the rules on robbers?

Yes (allow everyone to have robbers)
45%
No - but something needs changed
13%
Keep it as it is
9%
No religions can have robber alts (tek&nat)
33%

Total votes: 55

Ivan

Re: More robbers?

Post by Ivan »

Its not that you "cant" leave law, its all because of metagaming why this restrcition is in place. Which you guys have been part of recently with the DMS accident aswell. So imo its more than right to have the restriction upon you lot atleast.

But if you seriously want to go around and start robbing instead of keeping the whine up here on forums. Leave your religions and turn AG into robber guild, you could just aswell do that. Since there is no "unequality" between religions and non-rel chars in your opiniong. I doubt you lot have balls to do that because you lose the precious religion advantages you have with that choice. Which is the sole reason I want this balance to go trough.

Your words prove nothing especialy, since you've proved to have biased view of many of things here on forums already.

And as I mentioned before NOX died for sole reason of religions being so much more powerful than non-religious that the people who were robbing decided its not worth of robbing only, since you cant have fair pvp with the same chars as you rob with.

What comes to the "restrictions" that boris mentioned, they are not that way nowdays. Basicaly as allied guild member of imperial, I dont see any restrictions bestowed upon my character. Its not far from actual religion even if I dont have to follow the idiotic guide lines, which still are not restricting the actual gameplay, if you dont simply RP a lot.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ivan wrote:Its not that you "cant" leave law, its all because of metagaming why this restrcition is in place. Which you guys have been part of recently with the DMS accident aswell. So imo its more than right to have the restriction upon you lot atleast.
There was no metagaming in the DMS incident at all.
Ivan wrote:But if you seriously want to go around and start robbing instead of keeping the whine up here on forums. Leave your religions and turn AG into robber guild, you could just aswell do that. Since there is no "unequality" between religions and non-rel chars in your opiniong. I doubt you lot have balls to do that because you lose the precious religion advantages you have with that choice. Which is the sole reason I want this balance to go trough.
So you're telling us to do exactly the same thing that is wrong with the whole system? Destroy the RP of our alts because we want to rob on other characters that have nothing to do with that certain characters RP? And what the hell does "unequality" have anything to do with this? If I make a robber, how will my religious char be of any help to me? What advantage will I lose on a robber character of mine even if I left Law? It's not like my Priest fights along side my robber.. I will have to fight all religions on it. Which I would be ready to do. Can't you see that?
Ivan wrote:Your words prove nothing especialy, since you've proved to have biased view of many of things here on forums already.
What's biased about my words? That I want everyone to be allowed to rob on alts? Last I checked me having a character in Law doesn't reflect in any way to my alts in any other way but in restrictions.
Ivan wrote:And as I mentioned before NOX died for sole reason of religions being so much more powerful than non-religious that the people who were robbing decided its not worth of robbing only, since you cant have fair pvp with the same chars as you rob with.
Nox were a bunch of pussies then. Let others rob even if you guys are scared of religions.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Demians points are completely valid and Ivan's just asking for a nosebleed. Have a break, have a kit kat.

One option for controlled robbing is bringing back .robber command/status. You're not allowed to rob, unless you're tagged as a robber. To get robber status, you need to show the staff, that you're worth it. Lets say the system works similar to 50 piety applications. You ask for the status and you receive it, if the staff agrees to give it. Besides an application, we can add a timer to the tag, i.e. you can't log out for 30 minutes after logging in. Of course nothing will block players from being dicks like robbing and running behind locked doors to wait for the timer to run out, but that stuff can be directed to the staff and if it's considered as lame or "bad RP", your status is at risk.

So I'd say the original idea could work, if it's controlled and observed - but I don't think the current staff has enough time for that.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Demians points are completely valid and Ivan's just asking for a nosebleed. Have a break, have a kit kat.

One option for controlled robbing is bringing back .robber command/status. You're not allowed to rob, unless you're tagged as a robber. To get robber status, you need to show the staff, that you're worth it. Lets say the system works similar to 50 piety applications. You ask for the status and you receive it, if the staff agrees to give it. Besides an application, we can add a timer to the tag, i.e. you can't log out for 30 minutes after logging in. Of course nothing will block players from being dicks like robbing and running behind locked doors to wait for the timer to run out, but that stuff can be directed to the staff and if it's considered as lame or "bad RP", your status is at risk.

So I'd say the original idea could work, if it's controlled and observed - but I don't think the current staff has enough time for that.
Better than nothing. If I started robbing I don't intend to metagame, I'd do it for the fun of it so that would be fine with me. I bet most who want to rob would agree.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

"There was no metagaming in the DMS incident at all." this is the exact reason why you guys shouldnt be allowed to have robbers ever.

Make a sacrifice and leave the religion to get rid of the only restriction religions bring to you. Or live with your piety and be as OP as you care.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Demian wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Demians points are completely valid and Ivan's just asking for a nosebleed. Have a break, have a kit kat.

Better than nothing. If I started robbing I don't intend to metagame, I'd do it for the fun of it so that would be fine with me. I bet most who want to rob would agree.
Yep it would be better than nothing indeed - only give the status to those who can be trusted not to metagame. If any metagaming is suspected it wouldn't be too hard to remove the status.

I actually agree with most things demian has said regarding religions vs non religions etc etc.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Ivan wrote:"There was no metagaming in the DMS incident at all." this is the exact reason why you guys shouldnt be allowed to have robbers ever.

Make a sacrifice and leave the religion to get rid of the only restriction religions bring to you. Or live with your piety and be as OP as you care.
That is a retarded ask - leave your ancient priests religion in order to rob. Even asking someone to sacrifice one character for another is retarded regardless of piety and heighten etc.
One character should not determine the fate of another it is what has caused the shard to be divided into 2.

And no metagaming was proven by anyone regarding the DMS incident.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

It was your choice to join religion while being after piety and its powers to begin with, here is where you pay for the advantages that piety gives. Just live with it.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ivan wrote:It was your choice to join religion while being after piety and its powers to begin with, here is where you pay for the advantages that piety gives. Just live with it.
I pay for the piety with many restrictions to the religious char in question. Theres no reason for it to affect the RP of my alts.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:You (all) are not simply ready for it. So sorry, no.

Why? Look at the current world status with all the meta, flaming, accusing, whine, etc.

Add more spice to that mix and the server will blow up.

This is all that needs to be said right here, pretty much summed up the topic.
632-140-419