More robbers?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Relax the rules on robbers?

Yes (allow everyone to have robbers)
45%
No - but something needs changed
13%
Keep it as it is
9%
No religions can have robber alts (tek&nat)
33%

Total votes: 55

Johnny Walac

Re: More robbers?

Post by Johnny Walac »

The moment Malleus/Veritas don't do damage through walls is the moment you can put an anti-logout script in place. If Law/Nature think it's worth to put a LOS check on their Malleus for that, sure.

Aka

A anti-logout system is shit for so many reasons.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Johnny Walac wrote:

Give me one.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

I'd like to see robbers back, but I disagree with any religion having robber alts.

As usual, people want the best of both sides: They want a religious super character to hunt and fight their enemies with, and they want a robber alt to hit everyone else, and their enemies. With the amount of metagaming practiced nowadays, it would probably only reach their enemies' alts anyway, and extend this fucked up PvP situation to all characters in their accounts.

Law and Imperial can't have robbers, and that should be beyond any discussion. It was enough when there were Law friends spying and logging in to see whether there was Law on, so that robbers would come out, imagine all that being one login away. And to be honest, Nature and Tekstone should be that way too. Robbers are natural enemies of every religion, be it directly or not.

Either be part of a religion, or be part of a robber guild. It's an option, like many others. The excuse that your account shouldn't be limited to one of your characters' actions falls when we realize most people here have 2 or 3 characters linked to one side. You as a player are already fully committed to it, and you just want another way to fight the other side.

Sincerely, by reading this, I reach an easy conclusion: If this was to be allowed, 4 large robber guilds would emerge, and soon the whining and grief would become unbearable, forcing all robbers to be close to banished... Again.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Zaradon wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:

Give me one.
It's so easily countered that it just becomes another unnecessary feature. It's just an annoyance for a robber, which have it hard enough already. It was already stated in the thread before that robbers etc ain't designed to PvP against religions head on, well don't fricking make a feature to force that. Atleast they removed the rule that stated that Law can attack robbers on sight after a robbery. It was ridiculous.

How to counter the anti-logout feature if you have to go and cant play anymore:

Have a housekey in bank. Dump everything inside your house. Log out naked. Wait for the malleus spam through walls that will kill you. Log back in when you can play, get ressed at healers, go to bank and get the key.

Or having a friend kill/ress you to end it if you had enough time for that before you gotta leave.

I do like the anti-logout feature on Manhunts only, when the GM's asked if I had time for a manhunt or not. It was hilarious dragging the religions around the world.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

Arden Darkfall wrote:I'd like to see robbers back, but I disagree with any religion having robber alts.

As usual, people want the best of both sides: They want a religious super character to hunt and fight their enemies with, and they want a robber alt to hit everyone else, and their enemies. With the amount of metagaming practiced nowadays, it would probably only reach their enemies' alts anyway, and extend this fucked up PvP situation to all characters in their accounts.

Law and Imperial can't have robbers, and that should be beyond any discussion. It was enough when there were Law friends spying and logging in to see whether there was Law on, so that robbers would come out, imagine all that being one login away. And to be honest, Nature and Tekstone should be that way too. Robbers are natural enemies of every religion, be it directly or not.

Either be part of a religion, or be part of a robber guild. It's an option, like many others. The excuse that your account shouldn't be limited to one of your characters' actions falls when we realize most people here have 2 or 3 characters linked to one side. You as a player are already fully committed to it, and you just want another way to fight the other side.

Sincerely, by reading this, I reach an easy conclusion: If this was to be allowed, 4 large robber guilds would emerge, and soon the whining and grief would become unbearable, forcing all robbers to be close to banished... Again.
Once again you're just doing what most do who are against this idea - expect everyone to metagame without giving the chance to prove you otherwise. With the idea Cirre posted most people would be denied from robbing anyway if they aren't seen as trustworthy. And those who are allowed would be watched. If you log your religious character and right away to the robber, the staff can see that from the logs if they don't happen to be online at the time. Thus you would be denied from robbing. Even if you didn't check whos online. The doubt of that is enough. Would keep people on their toes and make sure no one does anything that can be seen as metagaming.
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Hey i'm not aggainst the idea...i just think all religion members should be allowed to have robbers, on none should.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Demian wrote:Once again you're just doing what most do who are against this idea - expect everyone to metagame without giving the chance to prove you otherwise.
I don't expect players to metagame. I KNOW they will. I'm totally sure that 100% of players in Pangaea are metagamers, and so many of them are proud at doing so.
Demian wrote:If you log your religious character and right away to the robber, the staff can see that from the logs if they don't happen to be online at the time. Thus you would be denied from robbing. Even if you didn't check whos online. The doubt of that is enough. Would keep people on their toes and make sure no one does anything that can be seen as metagaming.
Player A logs in and tells players B, C and D. Player A doesn't go on a robbing streak while others do. Player A might not even have a robber, just helping their friends.
If one player alone is ever punished for logging in two characters in a small amount of time, can you imagine the complaints directed at the staff?

And I agree with Cirre. I'd like to see more robbers, but if there suddenly is a free voucher to make robbers without restrictions, the whole shard is so trigger happy at the moment, that we'll get much more than we're bargaining it for.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Arden Darkfall wrote:
Demian wrote:Once again you're just doing what most do who are against this idea - expect everyone to metagame without giving the chance to prove you otherwise.
I don't expect players to metagame. I KNOW they will. I'm totally sure that 100% of players in Pangaea are metagamers, and so many of them are proud at doing so.
You base that on what? Yes, there are a few. But those players wouldn't be allowed robbers in the first place. If you read through Cirres idea that should be clear enough.
Arden Darkfall wrote:
Demian wrote:If you log your religious character and right away to the robber, the staff can see that from the logs if they don't happen to be online at the time. Thus you would be denied from robbing. Even if you didn't check whos online. The doubt of that is enough. Would keep people on their toes and make sure no one does anything that can be seen as metagaming.
Player A logs in and tells players B, C and D. Player A doesn't go on a robbing streak while others do. Player A might not even have a robber, just helping their friends.
If one player alone is ever punished for logging in two characters in a small amount of time, can you imagine the complaints directed at the staff?
Well that same can happen in any guilds even. It's not like that is only a religion problem? Everyone should be denied from having robbers then? And not logging in your religious char is the punishment here if you want to have a robber. Don't make a robber if you can't handle that.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Having GMs decide who can be robbers and who cant will just cause alot of whining from those not allowed and will add more to their workload when I am sure they are already tired of dealing with pvp issues.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Having GMs decide who can be robbers and who cant will just cause alot of whining from those not allowed and will add more to their workload when I am sure they are already tired of dealing with pvp issues.
Perhaps. Though their word should be seen as the final say. Whining is useless and personally I would just ignore that.

I'd like to allow robbers for all but if that can't happen them I'm fine with just denying them from all religious players as it seems others are aswell looking at the poll.