One religion per account?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is it time to implement one religion per account?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 62

tennmiller

Re: One religion per account?

Post by tennmiller »

Ares wrote:
aldath c'om wrote:simply now. id like to keep my ranger in law and priest in tek. its my personal wish. but if thats not possible maybe i lose some half year of waiting to get ranger a playable character.
Can't have a character in both. One has to quit.
I don't know why he thought he could in the first place, it's very clearly not allowed.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
Shednil

Post by Shednil »

Since it is against the rules to be i two religions that is at war and at the same time every religion could be at war with each other it would seem easier to me if you choose the one religion you rather be in ahead instead of being forced to make one of your characters leave the day a war would happen.
As well as to do what you believe is right for your religion instead of maybe make different choices just because you want to keep the peace/alliance in order to avoid being forced to leave.

To me it sounds like it would keep limit peoples roleplay options more but also encourage to follow the ways of the religion they are in even more.

I do dislike how it limits roleplay and would prefer more options to it myself but sadly I think here is many players that need a rule like this to be able to stick with their characters and not get tempted to make choices depending on what other characters they have.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Demian wrote: What restrictions do I have? I'm restricted from robbing since I have a Law char. I'm restricted from joining Imperial/Tekstone because I have a Law char. Now compare that to the non-religious players. Clearly it's not that "close to none". And how can you honestly say something like that? "more variety". If people are being denied from playing their characters the way they want to play them, how is that more variety? It's the opposite of that. People are forced to stay on that 1 "side" of the game because you are RESTRICTED from joining any other religion. You're not making any sense man.

And still I say what I said earlier here. HPs can make the decision not to accept players from other religions. This is a matter for each religion to handle individually.
Ofcourse religions should have different restrictions.
Lets compare non-religious to religious.
Religious characters have far better advantages and edges than non-reli.
Religious characters have far more variety than non-reli.

That's where the fun-factor kicks in.
Which one would you play more? The religious one ofcourse, just like me.
But with this thingie, there would be more non-religious characters around and the "full-retarded-RP-PK" excuses would be less. And that's why it is needed.

Currently, there's only hate and grief on the shard which i am actually trying to fight against.
But the main reason for it is exactly metagaming possabilities. And metagaming possability kicks in after you get hands on too many sides.

Did i leave anything out? I dont think so.

And no, there's no need to get cocky aswell just because you have a good character in pang.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Basicaly only restriction religion gives you and you want it removed... and you can get it what I am pointing this fact at.

If piety chars wouldnt be at all more powerful than every of those non-religious chars out there, perhaps it'd be reasonable to remove these restrictions. Since everyone would've equal chance against any char that comes across in matters of pvp.

But lets not point the conversation that way, imo religions need bigger restrictions than this even. Just to be fair they do not restrict gameplay basicaly at all. There is no commitment enough in it to give them the uber powers.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Demian wrote: What restrictions do I have? I'm restricted from robbing since I have a Law char. I'm restricted from joining Imperial/Tekstone because I have a Law char. Now compare that to the non-religious players. Clearly it's not that "close to none". And how can you honestly say something like that? "more variety". If people are being denied from playing their characters the way they want to play them, how is that more variety? It's the opposite of that. People are forced to stay on that 1 "side" of the game because you are RESTRICTED from joining any other religion. You're not making any sense man.

And still I say what I said earlier here. HPs can make the decision not to accept players from other religions. This is a matter for each religion to handle individually.

Well, you can't rob because you're the HP and must stop the robberies. There is a simple solution to this though, if you wish to have fun on other characters. Quit the religion. I don't mean that statement in a flaming way at all, it's how it has to be with the religion system here. Taking HP of an religion is a responsibility, sometimes often a burden as you know. It limits us because of your main duties, we're obligated to carry them out because it's a privilege that we earn, not given.

Now the other things, yes, that just sucks. But maybe if our fellow player base were mature enough, we could have alts in warring religions. I'm a little against natural enemies, but the other 2 could be worked out...maybe.
632-140-419
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Okay, this has lasted long enough. Closing it off. Looks like the yeses take it with a whopping 32 votes! :mrgreen:

Just trollin'! Came up with another idea and moved to the common religion forum