One religion per account?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is it time to implement one religion per account?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 62

Iktomi

One religion per account?

Post by Iktomi »

Is it time to implement one religion per account?

As long as people are allowed to have characters in multiple religions, it seems to always result in relatively permanent alliances (most recently Imperial/Tekstone vs. Law/Nature). This then restricts roleplay possibilities (for example Tekstone will never attack an Imperial city, as this could result in Imperial temporarily declaring war (thereby forcing all the players with accounts on both sides to pick one).

We've tried to leave this up to the players, and discouraged it through changes to religious rites, but the issue still exists.

Is it time to code it?
Talerco Pious

Re: One religion per account?

Post by Talerco Pious »

As long as guilds can pick more than 1 side, this won't solve the problem
I whine, therefore I am
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

So instead of "two sides", we will have "four sides"?

How does that solve anything? The "sides" will still alienate from each other leading to (more) hate and grieving.

We should find a solution where all players can play on all and whichever side they want to in order to better learn to know the players behind those they now call enemies. That's the only way we can turn the atmosphere more friendly. I know meta-gaming and abuse is a risk in such scenario, but I rather take care of the individual players infecting the system and ruining the fun for all rather than restrict all players to one side slowly making them indifferent to other players and even make them hate the other sides.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I'd go with yes. Its pretty stupid that you can join both nature and lahw, then just pick your priest/other piety user whether you want to hunt or pvp more, and you got the rites for both. Rather stick with one religion.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

haven't we discussed this already and came up with no possible solutions?

one thing is for sure, imo.
either we allow it to be possible to be in all religions, or we restrict accounts to one religion. but not the way it is atm. that's just going halfway

also, what tale said means a great deal. aslong as guilds can ally to more than one side the issue will remain, since ppl just join guilds and can then ally the religions they want, bypassing the system when it comes to pvp (which seems to be what matters when deciding who's the strongest). wasn't there something somewhere about guilds no longer being able to fight alongside religions?

i don't know how to solve all this mess, i really don't, and in a certain way i'm afraid it's unsolvable. but those are my opinions
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Perhaps no religion per account?

I dont realy care, as doesnt many of the other people. Shouldnt this be taken to religious forums, since you guys like to push everything there that "doesnt" concern guys like me.
Sid DeTritus

Post by Sid DeTritus »

perhaps there should be 2 rules.

- 1 religion per account
- players in a religion cannot join guilds that ally other religions

so guilds like AG and AP would have no religious players in it
they would just be full of ivan-ish player, players with no religious alt who can be allied to any religions they please
Demian

Post by Demian »

No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more. I fail to see what the problem with the current situation is and how restricting us even more would change anything?
Sid DeTritus

Post by Sid DeTritus »

the problem is permanent alliances between religions
Demian

Post by Demian »

Sid DeTritus wrote:the problem is permanent alliances between religions
What permanent alliances? Law hasn't been allied to Nature for like a year and we never PvP together. Tekstone and Imperial from time to time help eachother (atleast Tekstone has helped Imperial in sieges). But that's not our fault nor something that should require staff intervention. If Tekstone and Imperial don't like being allied/having good relations or whatever it is, it's up to the HPs of the religions to change that. And anyway, it's always been like that, HPs choose whether they want to allow people from another religion inside. This is something that the players can change themselves. But the real reason for people whining about this is that they (clearly Imp and Tek side) just want to mess with Law and Nature.