One religion per account?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is it time to implement one religion per account?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 62

Tyrion

Re: One religion per account?

Post by Tyrion »

Sid DeTritus wrote:perhaps there should be 2 rules.

- 1 religion per account
- players in a religion cannot join guilds that ally other religions

so guilds like AG and AP would have no religious players in it
they would just be full of ivan-ish player, players with no religious alt who can be allied to any religions they please
This makes most sense.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Demian wrote:No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Darian Darkmind wrote:in order to better learn to know the players behind those they now call enemies. That's the only way we can turn the atmosphere more friendly.
This.

You bunch forget that your so called enemies have been putting up with your shit for the last 10 years or so. That's way more than most (or any) of your real life friends, partners, co-workers or classmates have had to.
It's a game. No one should be trying to ruin someone else's gameplay. The "other side" is made of people just like you. Some are asses, some are nice. That goes both ways by the way. ;)
Take a chill pill and remember to roleplay your character and not yourself. The most grief in this game come from personal disputes where you put yourself into the game and forget that any aggression is really coming towards your character.
Palma

Post by Palma »

I'm not going to vote because honestely, I'm tired of these constant back and forth changes. First is one per religion, then it's 1 as long as not enemy, now it's 1 per religion again, etc etc. And it won't stick forever.

I'll just leave my two cents instead:
-Right now there's no Nature Laws that I know of
-Right now there's no Law anything else
-Right now there's no Nature anything else
-Right now there's Imperial Tekstones
-Right now there's Imperial Natures

-Guilds like AG and AP took a lot of effort and time in their construction. Both me and I bet Athan, would be severely pissed off if anything would come out to restrict us because of what religion players do to one another. So keep guilds out of everyone else's fuss. Imo.

While I was Headpriest of Nature, I've accepted anyone into the guild and what I learned from that, is that it doesn't cause more hate or grief or meta, it causes more trust and friendship. If a guy is open minded enough to join Nature under the guy that every other Imperial hates the most, against everything he's always been told... than anyone could if given the support.

Anyhow, I think it's up to the guys who have characters in two religions to comment here the most.

Only thing that concerns, that I've seen so far, is the Imperials who joined Tekstone just to lend piety and have no interest in staying or helping it grow. But that's their problem. I'm not the one who gets branded a or mechanics abuser and hater enough to do such a thing, out of personal hate.
Either ways, problems like this I just mentioned could be dealt differently without the need to affect other players.

I think no one is considering why before it was allowed to have 1 character per religion, and then changed to the "as long as not enemies" thing. People only consider recent events and that's no way of fixing stuff. History will just repeat itself and this will continue to change indefinately.

Anyway just my opinion :P
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Can you name the imperials who just joined to lend the piety and don't care at all? Maybe you are not "hater enough" to do something like that, but I do know you lot want to get revenge on the swedes
I whine, therefore I am
Palma

Post by Palma »

Talerco Pious wrote:Can you name the imperials who just joined to lend the piety and don't care at all? Maybe you are not "hater enough" to do something like that, but I do know you lot want to get revenge on the swedes
Is that what you think this is about? 26 players drop their piety and go through all this out of hate for the Swedes?

It's because of comments like that, "I know" kind of stuff, that people get to believe those who say such things. Not because people have alts in enemy religions.

And yes, I can name the Imperials if you tell me who's the player behind all the players that joined tekstone coming from Imperial, and those who joined with newly done characters. But I think that doesn't help this topic does it? I'd even go as far as to make bets with you on how many of them have alts in Imperial or are Imperial related. You want to take on that bet? xD

I'm not saying they have no reasons to hate us, of course they do, they spend their time playing with people that say those kind of "I know this and that about Palma" things. It's not their fault that they never stopped to get to know us.

What you should be telling those people, is that we tried to join tekstone, most of us have been tekstone, all of us want to purely and simply play tekstone. And it couldn't be done. They didn't even flinch! Not even at the verge of loosing tekstone they flinched and succumbed to us joining by force and at such large numbers. Tho them, it's either total control or nothing. That's the only reason why they must go if we do take over. Or they'll always be a plague. Not because of hate.

But I guess it's easier to tell people that we're going through all of this sacrifice, time and effort because of hate for a couple guys right?
What I just don't get it is why it's easier to believe that than the truth -we want to play tekstone-
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Darian Darkmind wrote:So instead of "two sides", we will have "four sides"?

How does that solve anything? The "sides" will still alienate from each other leading to (more) hate and grieving.

We should find a solution where all players can play on all and whichever side they want to in order to better learn to know the players behind those they now call enemies. That's the only way we can turn the atmosphere more friendly. I know meta-gaming and abuse is a risk in such scenario, but I rather take care of the individual players infecting the system and ruining the fun for all rather than restrict all players to one side slowly making them indifferent to other players and even make them hate the other sides.
I agree on most, especially on the few players who ruin others gameplay and damage the shard's atmosphere overall which causes hate between everyone.
It's much easier to ban them off instead of scripting fourty pages of fixes which will lead the gameplay on pang to oblivion.
Do we need this? I dont think so.

Ivan wrote:Perhaps no religion per account?

I dont realy care, as doesnt many of the other people. Shouldnt this be taken to religious forums, since you guys like to push everything there that "doesnt" concern guys like me.

If you dont care, then why are you reading and posting here?

Demian wrote:No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more. I fail to see what the problem with the current situation is and how restricting us even more would change anything?
What restrictions do you have? Close to none.
Restricting? I wouldn't say so...it's like giving more variety for RP atmosphere.
But right now, we have only mechanical variety, is it fun?

It ruins the meaning of a religion to be a community.

I say Yes.
More RP variety.
More careful choices for players.
Less sides, less OOC, less £$£{€$@ behind the back.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I voted yes. Mostly to help with any metagaming issues.

But honestly, this is a RP shard and you can RP any character any way you want. So there's that.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Palma wrote:
Talerco Pious wrote:Can you name the imperials who just joined to lend the piety and don't care at all? Maybe you are not "hater enough" to do something like that, but I do know you lot want to get revenge on the swedes
Is that what you think this is about? 26 players drop their piety and go through all this out of hate for the Swedes?

It's because of comments like that, "I know" kind of stuff, that people get to believe those who say such things. Not because people have alts in enemy religions.

And yes, I can name the Imperials if you tell me who's the player behind all the players that joined tekstone coming from Imperial, and those who joined with newly done characters. But I think that doesn't help this topic does it? I'd even go as far as to make bets with you on how many of them have alts in Imperial or are Imperial related. You want to take on that bet? xD

I'm not saying they have no reasons to hate us, of course they do, they spend their time playing with people that say those kind of "I know this and that about Palma" things. It's not their fault that they never stopped to get to know us.

What you should be telling those people, is that we tried to join tekstone, most of us have been tekstone, all of us want to purely and simply play tekstone. And it couldn't be done. They didn't even flinch! Not even at the verge of loosing tekstone they flinched and succumbed to us joining by force and at such large numbers. Tho them, it's either total control or nothing. That's the only reason why they must go if we do take over. Or they'll always be a plague. Not because of hate.

But I guess it's easier to tell people that we're going through all of this sacrifice, time and effort because of hate for a couple guys right?
What I just don't get it is why it's easier to believe that than the truth -we want to play tekstone-
So you can name the imps who don't want to focus on their new tek chars if I just name them? Right.
What comes to you trying to join tekstone, it was voted down by all but one guy. You never named your friends who wanted to try to join, they would've been evaluated individually. But I guess they didn't even want to apply since their leader was already denied.

Can you also tell me how you'd do things differently in tekstone that the staff wouldn't have to take action again?

Edit: those imp alts have spent more time on their tek chars than your revolutionists after joining tekstone so I guess that tells smth
Or maybe that you made a career off harassing them
Last edited by Talerco Pious on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I whine, therefore I am
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

simply now. id like to keep my ranger in law and priest in tek. its my personal wish. but if thats not possible maybe i lose some half year of waiting to get ranger a playable character.
291-697-526