One religion per account?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is it time to implement one religion per account?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 62

Demian

Re: One religion per account?

Post by Demian »

Zaradon wrote:
Demian wrote:No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more. I fail to see what the problem with the current situation is and how restricting us even more would change anything?
What restrictions do you have? Close to none.
Restricting? I wouldn't say so...it's like giving more variety for RP atmosphere.
But right now, we have only mechanical variety, is it fun?

It ruins the meaning of a religion to be a community.
What restrictions do I have? I'm restricted from robbing since I have a Law char. I'm restricted from joining Imperial/Tekstone because I have a Law char. Now compare that to the non-religious players. Clearly it's not that "close to none". And how can you honestly say something like that? "more variety". If people are being denied from playing their characters the way they want to play them, how is that more variety? It's the opposite of that. People are forced to stay on that 1 "side" of the game because you are RESTRICTED from joining any other religion. You're not making any sense man.

And still I say what I said earlier here. HPs can make the decision not to accept players from other religions. This is a matter for each religion to handle individually.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I voted yes just for the simple reason if you cant join every religion then you can only join the one you choose. Honestly I don't care as pretty sure most sides won't change. Do believe if its not restricted to 1 religion 1 account then you should be able to have a char in any religion you want aslong as the hp/whole religion agrees that they will trust you during wars and such.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I personally don't mind the multiple religions per account, because there is no way to stop people from making guild alts to ally the religion. Which was a clear abuse of getting around the religion alliance implementation.

So no, no one per account until that is cleaned up.

aldath c'om wrote:simply now. id like to keep my ranger in law and priest in tek. its my personal wish. but if thats not possible maybe i lose some half year of waiting to get ranger a playable character.

Umm, was this not handled already? You clearly can't have a character in both, GMs? This isn't a wait until something is done thing, this is a rule violation that currently stands on the website.
632-140-419
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Palma wrote: If a guy is open minded enough to join Nature under the guy that every other Imperial hates the most, against everything he's always been told... than anyone could if given the support.
What I have to say is certainly pertaining to this topic, because the splitting into groups mess is the cause of this discussion. I'm going to be truthful here, and this is definitely not intended to be a flame at all, this is to shine a light on most of Imperial's beliefs: You think too highly of yourself. No one is "hated" on this shard, but there are many who dislike players for whatever reason. Usually, and this is the main reason, players are disliked due to smugness and egotistical reasoning. To say a whole group hates you is an assumption, and just to be clear, we(Imperial) make our own decisions. We don't think as a group every time, and I only group us together to prove a point.

The movement of piety with Imperial to Tekstone is justified, and a number of players already had prior plans of having characters in the religion.
632-140-419
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Demian wrote:No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more. I fail to see what the problem with the current situation is and how restricting us even more would change anything?
Nicely put.

I would also allow people in religions to have robbers & no restrictions on joining any other religion (apart from what the headpriests decide themselves what the rules are)
All of these restrictions are total BS, it has just caused less and less player interaction and more private groups.
I'm on the verge of packing it all in again .. how many times can you hunt dungeons and not get bored?

On a positive though - this vote can not go forward as it is very similar % to other polls about ghronius and robbing that were 40/60 for or against with no change being made.

To the 22 smart individuals who voted for this restriction i propose the following restrictions also;
nature characters can't have necromancer alts
tekstone characters can't have druid alts
law characters can't have assassins or have OOC contact with robbers, thats an important one folks
imperial characters must all smite down any other religion to prove their devotion to her
Have I missed any? Open for more restrictions and suggestions!

If I ever have to roleplay why my tekstone character has to quit his religion i'm gonna make it good - gonna go preaching ''Dennac is the light my children .. I cannot be a member of the cult because that stranger danielle that has nothing to do with me is a follower of her! but dacca be the light" and so forth
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

that last post made me think about one thing
shouldn't we just let it fly and stop all the restrictions?after all, 10 years of restrictions haven't stopped the metagaming. should we try 10 years of no restrictions? :P

i voted yes, not because i clearly say yes, but because i don't wanna say no either and for some fucked up reason i ended up voting lol

what i want to make it clear is that we should either go for full restriction, or no restriction at all (like athan said about those other restrictions)
Sid DeTritus

Post by Sid DeTritus »

i doubt it would affect RP negatively
you could still make alliances or do whatever you want between religions.

it just wouldnt be permanent alliances like it is now. Right now its restricting the game in a different way
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Ved Dwight wrote:
Demian wrote:No. There's no reason to restrict our accounts even more.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I don't see this solving anything. So that's a no.
Ares

Post by Ares »

aldath c'om wrote:simply now. id like to keep my ranger in law and priest in tek. its my personal wish. but if thats not possible maybe i lose some half year of waiting to get ranger a playable character.
Can't have a character in both. One has to quit.