Should we release 100% guides

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we release 100% guides

Yes
77%
No
16%
Not Sure
7%

Total votes: 75

Cruxis Bane

Re: Should we release 100% guides

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Player made sure why not won't really change anything, shard made no is my opinion.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yes, knowing about the 100% facts doesn't make it any easier. It's the time put into it, that's the difficulty here in Pang.

Give players the chance if they wish to be dedicated players.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Vaux27 wrote:Yes, knowing about the 100% facts doesn't make it any easier. It's the time put into it, that's the difficulty here in Pang.

Give players the chance if they wish to be dedicated players.

yeah i agree. it can be very exciting to find a new, secret, rare item that we're not entirely sure what it does right then
however, it's not funny to have to calculate and make some weird theories about trigonometrics and apples so you can find a pattern that may or may not explain the way your character parries a swords attack but not a maces attack, if you know what i mean.

hidden items/areas/monsters are cool

hidden mechanics are not
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote: yeah i agree. it can be very exciting to find a new, secret, rare item that we're not entirely sure what it does right then
however, it's not funny to have to calculate and make some weird theories about trigonometrics and apples so you can find a pattern that may or may not explain the way your character parries a swords attack but not a maces attack, if you know what i mean.

hidden items/areas/monsters are cool

hidden mechanics are not
Agreed.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Doesn't belong into my books of why hasn't it been done long ago.

Agree with Glarundis, pretty good example aswell.

Yes, reveal them.

Scenario;

New player; "Woah, so many awesome skills and classes here!"

* Makes a new character *

Okay, now where should i start?

* Gets his prior skills up to 65% *

Oh man, this is really annoying to train them up. But let's keep trying, but what should i do next?
Err, what?! No guides?! FFffuufuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

* Uninstall *
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Just fyi, the crafting gumps in RunUO include things such as details regarding success% and exceptional success%. I was kind of inclined to remove this information, but this thread certainly suggests that players would like to see that there!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Iktomi wrote:Just fyi, the crafting gumps in RunUO include things such as details regarding success% and exceptional success%. I was kind of inclined to remove this information, but this thread certainly suggests that players would like to see that there!
Of course. One of the best features of the more modern client.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Mike wrote:
Iktomi wrote:Just fyi, the crafting gumps in RunUO include things such as details regarding success% and exceptional success%. I was kind of inclined to remove this information, but this thread certainly suggests that players would like to see that there!
Of course. One of the best features of the more modern client.
Uhh just saw this but yes, that shit needs to stay, its as Mike said, one of the biggest bonuses to moving to a newer updated system and one of the biggest reasons I wanted to see new fucking gumps on Pangaea forever and with this move, it gives us this without anyone having to redesign the wheel cause someone already did in the RunUO Distro.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman