Should we release 100% guides

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Yes
77%
No
16%
Not Sure
7%

Total votes: 75

Dante

Post by Dante »

As a means to help a new "generation" of gamers, what do you think?
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Siren

Re: Should we release 100% guides

Post by Siren »

Most people who know people on the shard can get 100% guides so don't really see that this is a problem, it will simply make it easier for new players who don't know any body to train.
Would like to know if there was a reason to keep the guides up to 65%, other than making people ask someone, then getting given a link to the full guides :P .
-614-337-228-
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Kind of agree, but if we start thinking about this... It only means basicaly that when new player come to shard he is instantly told "Here ya go, macro all these skills for maxed char." I'd atleast feel like: "riiiight... perhaps I'll try another game, that'd be just complete waste of time to start playing a game that requires 1000 hours of afking at start."

So, decission is yours.
Siren

Post by Siren »

Although at the moment we say macro all these skills for maxed char, just we wont tell you how to do it the whole way. ;) but I understand what you mean which is why other ways to gains skills have been looked at I guess, just sadly macroing for 1000+ hours is still the best way, unless you have the gold and or contacts to get 1000s of skill books.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Just pointing out that nowdays games have other kind of content, that keeps player busy while gradually building their characters. It is interesting and if there is lore included you get sucked in the game. While on pangaea there is no suchs thing etc.

Pang is like combination of a "clicker" and sandbox RPG that runs out of content quite quickly, if you do not include the roleplaying players intervention in the boredom and lack of stories/lore etc.

All this is hard to come up with in an instant though, so I guess best way to "fix" things, if you consider them broken even would be create a way to train while exploring the world. Meaning skill purchaces with virtue like point system or something similiar. Skill books alone wont do it most likely unless below 85% skill books are boosted to 1% gain per book and the drop rates figure out to something worth while for a new player to hunt them for.

EDIT: Oh and you got bunch of old guys here as your idea creators for stories and content, you are just currently lacking carrot to drive them forward for suchs creations.
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

I say Yes. I've always wondered why keep them secret when there's multiple ways of finding out anyways. Sure at one time it was nice to maybe hold certain secrets. I guess times have changed though and there's no reason to hide them anymore. Unless certain players who've spent countless hours on end learning these things wish them not be let out. /shrugs

Ultima was the first MMO that began all these others MMO's. Of course things won't compare to what new games offer. We're limited here in ways other MMOs aren't. This game is ancient. :D
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

As I'm sure most of you might have suspected of me, I come down on the yes side, it is stupid that we have this policy of "we won't post them openly but if you ask in a thread someone will pm you or icq you a guide to 100".

If you ask anyone who is even remotely helpful and kind they will give you a guide so it isn't exactly closed door information unless you are playing on Pangaea as a single player who shuns contact with others both in game and out of game. Heck though they may be wrong my crafting macro has a built in guide for the crafting skills it supports, by wrong I mean inefficient compared to other guides, I just think it is about time.

Let's do away with the not so secret handshake and wink you have to go through to get complete guides.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Sure, it's about time. Would be funny to see ways to gain 5x faster than we actually have tried..
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

Voting yes on this. Not doing this helps no one. Most secrets are known since the server has been going for so long, and this game -needs- to be easyer for new players. There have been some good changes in the past and im of the opinion more are needed.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I wish there will be additional solution on top of this. For the reasons I mentioned in earlier message.

Here ya go