Should we release 100% guides

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we release 100% guides

Yes
77%
No
16%
Not Sure
7%

Total votes: 75

Bipina Huntley

Re: Should we release 100% guides

Post by Bipina Huntley »

YES !
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Dante wrote:As a means to help a new "generation" of gamers, what do you think?
The main problem with the current system is that we have no means for knowing which path for gaining is the best. If you'd implement a CERTAIN way for knowing which target/item/whatever is better, then I don't think there'd be a need for 100% skill guides.
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

Dont really agree with that, I know this is a old platform and every single game these days has a easyer point of entrance than this one. in my opinion wed need to redesign the character creation and newby grounds, aswell as possibly increased gains for baseclass or new players (something like first 2 characters on an account)
Dante

Post by Dante »

That can be my next project.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

If we adopted the gumps from pol 097 which are superior in every way to the ones we have it has the skill for the item in the items info tab if it is set up like that, though this is for crafting skills but if one of the staff members wants to see what they are like in game I can set up a time and fire up my 097 distro shard and log in to check out exactly what it looks like. All the skeleton work is done just would need to plug in the stuff that is pangaea specific, such as elite items.

Again, crafting only but this would make at least building crafting skills a lot less of guess work.
Last edited by Cyrus Tegyr on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
dugaron

Post by dugaron »

I vote yes, think it may help for any new players who join(although I think a lot of new players here are veterans from other shards at one point in time). and will it bring more activity or new players? who knows for sure. Or better yet will it keep new players here to stay? ..
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Its too hard for the new players to obtain information from the vet's, specially if the summer is coming. That only makes things more frustrating for the newbies who are basically clueless without any information.

Counselors or not, they're all human beings with lives afterall who might not be able to answer to all guides or questions out there since they're not always around (pointing to those who are specialized in a certain aspect).

I say Yes, it will only show how playerfriendly Pangaea is and thus gains respect from the new players towards our development.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I'm feeling anarchopuNk, and I guess I know what's going to happen anyway after this poll, so gimme some jail time if my crime is worth it! I'm a martyr! Please give only a little jailtime...

https://groups.google.com/forum/message ... KEYgt55ZIJ <-- spoiler warning. open only if you really want to have guides to this and that including alchemy recipes and ore locations.

(why I did this? I never did anything to deserve all this info and there are better guys in this world, why won't they?)
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

As long as we're talking of player-made 100% guides, not from shard side.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:As long as we're talking of player-made 100% guides, not from shard side.
I think that was what they were referring to, I doubt the staff would want to run through the numerous cfg files to piece together guides for people, that is not what they are there for.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman