Important: The Future of Pangaea

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do you want to happen?

Find a new scripter and continue as we are
38%
Recreate Pangaea on a new RUNUO platform
50%
Shut her down
12%

Total votes: 90

Ricardus

Re: Important: The Future of Pangaea

Post by Ricardus »

Hum...you guys can create our chars and give the current skills they currently have, right?
If you can do that, let's moove to runUO and get a new life to pang, with religions and all :D
About items etc. i think skills are realy far more important than items, since we can get items easier than we can get skills =)
Last edited by Ricardus on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I believe its not that simple project to simply "move on to runuo" it will most likely take months alone to implement current dmg systems, skill systems, class systems and w/e else there is currently on pangaea. Thus only thing I'd love to have staff consider is not to go over the top and try to get everything done in an instant. Lately it has seemed like staff is trying to implemented new and huge stuff all at once in an instant. Good example is that new religion.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I believe in the current core. Pang is POL, POL is Pang. That's what you're all used to, that's what you all should love (and hate). The fact is that the shard has been running on POL since day one, it's something that shouldn't be changed, it's the identity of Pangaea. That's right, we're an old school hipster shard with a nostalgic twist. POL98 would be nice, but it's not mandatory. Therefore the plan is simple.
  • 1) Boris takes control. He'll be online 40-50h a week.
    2) Every staff member is sacked, Irming and Neon sticks. Owners gonna own. Ares works as sidekick - once-a-week type scripter.
    3) New GM's will be recruited with time.
    4) Be kind, rewind (rules, some updates, retarded religions changes).
    5) This is a hardcore shard for hardcore players. It's hard. No shit. That's the identity of Pang.
    6) One land, 2 religions. Law and Imperial, battling for that 1 land.
    7) Fresh start. Complete wipe. That's right, say goodbye to your ancient characters, indies and billions.
    8) Final class fixes, identical tomes.
    9) It's 2007 again with improved features, this is the shit.
    10) Dick mode activate.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Praise the Boris!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Sounds like a plan!
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:I believe in the current core. Pang is POL, POL is Pang. That's what you're all used to, that's what you all should love (and hate). The fact is that the shard has been running on POL since day one, it's something that shouldn't be changed, it's the identity of Pangaea. That's right, we're an old school hipster shard with a nostalgic twist. POL98 would be nice, but it's not mandatory. Therefore the plan is simple.
  • 1) Boris takes control. He'll be online 40-50h a week.
    2) Every staff member is sacked, Irming and Neon sticks. Owners gonna own. Ares works as sidekick - once-a-week type scripter.
    3) New GM's will be recruited with time.
    4) Be kind, rewind (rules, some updates, retarded religions changes).
    5) This is a hardcore shard for hardcore players. It's hard. No shit. That's the identity of Pang.
    6) One land, 2 religions. Law and Imperial, battling for that 1 land.
    7) Fresh start. Complete wipe. That's right, say goodbye to your ancient characters, indies and billions.
    8) Final class fixes, identical tomes.
    9) It's 2007 again with improved features, this is the shit.
    10) Dick mode activate.

but but but
but where is tekstone? :(
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

a) We don't have enough player base for 4 religions. Not since 2006-2007.
b) Nature and Tekstone are nice - but they don't work as good as Law and Imperial.
c) Law and Imperial have a (soon to be) working siege/mayor system. When it's bulletproof, it's the shit.
d) is silent.
e) PvP brings activity to the shard. Some may like it, some may not. It's still the truth.
f) Just imagine those massive fights with 20-30 dudes on each side battling for fame and fortune.
g) Just imagine those massive fights that are fair and PvP is actually based on skill.
h) Players outside from all the religion shit are safe from whine and grief. You do what you like. PvM, HCRP. Whatever.
i) This is Bangaea. Once again.

Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:a) We don't have enough player base for 4 religions. Not since 2006-2007.
b) Nature and Tekstone are nice - but they don't work as good as Law and Imperial.
c) Law and Imperial have a (soon to be) working siege/mayor system. When it's bulletproof, it's the shit.
d) is silent.
e) PvP brings activity to the shard. Some may like it, some may not. It's still the truth.
f) Just imagine those massive fights with 20-30 dudes on each side battling for fame and fortune.
g) Just imagine those massive fights that are fair and PvP is actually based on skill.
h) Players outside from all the religion shit are safe from whine and grief. You do what you like. PvM, HCRP. Whatever.
i) This is Bangaea. Once again.

I agree with everything. Except the name. Bangaea? Get real.
2 religions. Identical tomes. Skillbased PvP. Brawl it out for control over Felucca.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

oooo, depending on the powar that tomes grant, I might make my return as robber!
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

No wipe though. I cannot be arsed to macro again.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2