Important: The Future of Pangaea

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do you want to happen?

Find a new scripter and continue as we are
38%
Recreate Pangaea on a new RUNUO platform
50%
Shut her down
12%

Total votes: 90

Tiffany Crewe

Re: Important: The Future of Pangaea

Post by Tiffany Crewe »

Since we don't know exactly what we are looking at with each option, I will make my vote later. I really do hope we can transfer characters in some forms though, if we do transfer to RunUO (I honestly do not know what that is though).

I must say, I have always liked the changes, and I thought it made the game better. One major one would be to add the maximum house value a player can own to prevent players hording a lot of houses. I was looking forward to the mayor changes as well. I welcome changes that are well thought of, and I think all the staff that have contributed up t othis point has done a good job.

In terms of economy, I think the biggest problem is that we have a lot of sources for the inflow of gold into the game, but not a lot of outflow sources out of the game, that's why you have a lot of gold in game, hurting the economy. The way to solve this is obviously by having some thing that will take gold from players out of the game. House tax is a good way. Another idea would be if guilds want special priviledge (guild color or special guild skill etc) then they need to pay monthly fee, etc.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Well I stand corrected for some reason not sure why I thought Pangaea was on POL 097...
I was convinced of that aswell...
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

For some reason I remember when pang was updated from POL 095 to 096, that was a bit before itemwipe and it caused the elemental system implementation.

I think Ares has the most knowledge to judge, which is the best path for pangaea to take. If the scripting on pangaea is as horrible as he described, its no wonder we dont have any scripters around. And this game that causes problems and breaks by itself from time to time, seriously needs someone who can actualy be bothered to work on the specifics.

Even if we wanted to copy pangaea to an another platform, imo only necessary things for pangaea to be pangaea would be classes and skill system. Basicaly everything else, ores, hides, bones, guilds, religions w/e could wait until further date. Even if it'd not be pangaea after the start up, if it'd have the same rules applied into the game world and similiar class system atleast, it'd be definetly as good as pangaea. Perhaps even doing as Ares said and improve skillgaining into another form, so that it'd require actual activity to gain the skills instead of macroing would sound promising.

So just to point out I like what Ares suggested. Developing something new instead of something old that is restricted by the original creator and his friends just sounds better. Not to take into consideration that something are impossible to do as Ares mentioned.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Recreate Pangaea on a new RUNUO platform

* I'm not sure wether this is an easy option or not, if that requires a totally new scripted stuff. I dont think anyone is bothered.
* This would be the most confident "move forward" option for Pangaea, from my personal view.
* It would give a fresh/new start for even the current people (Staff/Players) who continue contributing their free time in a virtual community, in order to have fun together.

I think i'm pretty confident on this one, if it's relatively fast/reasonably obtainable.
Percy

Post by Percy »

It'd be great to see the move to RunUO, although I don't think I'd bother playing if we couldn't transfer our characters over.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Why not just keep running the shard and getting a woking RUNUO version together and let the players test it, work out the kinks and bugs with it and just make a seemless transfer over, with the exception of nobody would still have their characters. Whatever happends don't do a Pangaea2 all over again.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Quintoz wrote:Why not just keep running the shard and getting a woking RUNUO version together and let the players test it

Yeap, was about to suggest the same thing.

Counselors = Beta testers of Pang 1.7
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Quintoz wrote:Why not just keep running the shard and getting a woking RUNUO version together and let the players test it, work out the kinks and bugs with it and just make a seemless transfer over.
This is the plan.
Eliana

Post by Eliana »

Iktomi wrote:
Quintoz wrote:Why not just keep running the shard and getting a woking RUNUO version together and let the players test it, work out the kinks and bugs with it and just make a seemless transfer over.
This is the plan.
I like the plan :D
And special thanks to the staff members who make future Pangaea possible.
Siren

Post by Siren »

Iktomi wrote:This is the plan.
Wait we have a plan :o
but yes that sounds like the best way to do it, so as to avoid another occurrence of the great vendor strikes of 2014 and the Imperial takeover of Trinsic being foiled by a text message.