Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Mike

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Mike »

I voted "1 transfer only" since I have an ancient. I could no with no transfers as well though, just some egocentrism on my part. I like the idea of starting fresh on a new system with a decent player base and take it from there.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Can we have full transfer but each account can only unlock one character first, and when you have enough online time you earn the right to unlock another? I can imagine it would not be hard to unlock the second since we all need our first character to get us on our feet.

But otherwise I would vote for limited character transfer, and since in my case i only have 3, i would vote for one so even i suffer losses.
Floid

Post by Floid »

Voted for full transfer since i dont really see myself macroing as much all over again.
Am not too bothered with the item wipe.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

I voted 3 characters, but it was really more along the lines of 3 characters, 5€ per other two slots.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Full transfer because:
1) A lot of people just don't have the time to train characters anymore and the fact that they already have trained chars might be on of the reasons they come back every once in a while
2) If you're expecting newbies because everyone is a newbie you're gonna have a bad time!
3) This isn't a reset, this is a shard core change driven by technical reasons. I see no reason why we should be messing with the game, unless is technically unfeasible (which migrating chars isn't)
4) Forcing people to pay up is plain wrong! Some have the funds to do it, other don't, and I fail to see how is it justifiable that the ones who have the funds to spare should get an edge over the ones who don't.
dwight

Post by dwight »

I voted full transfer, but afterall this makes more sense to me:
Quintoz wrote:No transfer, the server needs new life not the same old thing.
But this means lots of oldies won't be back on the new pang
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

what about having a system where you trade your skill points for skill points of your choice in the new shard? :P

we'll have new life, and ppl won't be forced to train again.

of course, you wouldn't be able to train 1.0 forensics for 1.0 poisoning and things like that, ofc...

this would definately lead to a great change in class numbers. too many ppl joining that certain class so they can get those gm skills and own everything?well maybe that means the class is simply better than any other class, when it shouldn't.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Ved Dwight wrote:I voted full transfer, but afterall this makes more sense to me:
Quintoz wrote:No transfer, the server needs new life not the same old thing.
But this means lots of oldies won't be back on the new pang

I wouldn't think it would be like that for me.
I find training pretty fun at some point.

It's gotten boring with all this heighten stuff, but i really hope we will go for a bigger step on the next go. (ie; Ancient -> Emmense or something)
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Correct me if im wrong, but when ppl came from Journey's End, they all got some extra skill point to there new chars, same can be done here. Give ppl a ring of skill gain with 250 - 500 skill point on it, and make sure the ring only last 14 days (to prevent ppl from saving it for the last skill gains). Will force ppl to be active the first 14 days to try out skills before the use the ring.

Beside, how will you transfer skills, as i understand there are many new skills to be unlocked and used in the new core. So making classes with the same skills in new core will be stupid.

Ill proberlly throw my vote in 'no transfer at all', but ill wait and see if someone post anything that can change my mind :)
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Full transfer, our time of training our characters will be put to use and help with the start of the new economy.