Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Zaradon

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Zaradon »

Monad, i am with you there and the same obvious 2 facts you stated.

Yes, training and seeing bluescreen in the newbie ground is funny, running off skeletons and so on. Knowing that you once had chars which onehitted those things and now you're the one to onehit. That's the fun part and plays a big role of challenge for me, that's why i am trying to push upwards the ladder to see and challenge greater stuff. That's fun for me.

But all the process inbetween, pointing at macroing. I do think we could have only a minor amount of macroing skills, the most essential ones (lore books? Anat/Arms/ItemID/Animal Lore etc etc...).

All the other skills could be gained during actions what we perform daily basis on our chars., we could gain forensic when we cut off corpses, for example.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Oomari wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but when ppl came from Journey's End, they all got some extra skill point to there new chars, same can be done here. Give ppl a ring of skill gain with 250 - 500 skill point on it, and make sure the ring only last 14 days (to prevent ppl from saving it for the last skill gains). Will force ppl to be active the first 14 days to try out skills before the use the ring.
I like that idea a lot.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Alternatively we could make them weekly or monthly rewards.

I agree with Basil and training your character, slowly advancing, exploring and bit by bit conquering the "new" world is part of the game. For example Avalon shard, which was more or less a copy of Pangaea, was a lot of fun even though we all had to start from scratch. I dare to say it was fun for that very reason. We were all newbies once more. Therefore, instead of instantly being rewarded a fully maxed character(s), you could receive additional skill points bit by bit.

This way if you want it all right away, be the first to slay a dragon, conquer a town, buy a house etc you have to play, hunt and train hard - at least on one character. While playing with that character, it as well as your other characters are slowly gaining back the skills you once had. This also ensures that those of us who have maxed characters now, but don't have the time we once had to re-train them, would still some day have them.
kl1

Post by kl1 »

Don't you wish you could all live some of your "first time" for the first time again?
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

I dont mind starting fresh again.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

hey if there are other ways to train than just boring macroing i could go with no transfer. fresh start.
and yes, i'd love to experience the "first time" for the first time again. i think that is priceless. the reason why we don't want to start over again, is because we can't feel that we are doing it for the first time ever. if you can, however, provide that experience, then i'm more than up for it.

what we need is the thrill..if we can get that, we can get hooked once more
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Dawn wrote:Alternatively we could make them weekly or monthly rewards.

I agree with Basil and training your character, slowly advancing, exploring and bit by bit conquering the "new" world is part of the game. For example Avalon shard, which was more or less a copy of Pangaea, was a lot of fun even though we all had to start from scratch. I dare to say it was fun for that very reason. We were all newbies once more. Therefore, instead of instantly being rewarded a fully maxed character(s), you could receive additional skill points bit by bit.

This way if you want it all right away, be the first to slay a dragon, conquer a town, buy a house etc you have to play, hunt and train hard - at least on one character. While playing with that character, it as well as your other characters are slowly gaining back the skills you once had. This also ensures that those of us who have maxed characters now, but don't have the time we once had to re-train them, would still some day have them.
I don't see fun in macroing for god knows how many hours. no matter how you look at it, Its not fun :D
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

James Blackburn wrote:
Dawn wrote:Alternatively we could make them weekly or monthly rewards.

I don't see fun in macroing for god knows how many hours. no matter how you look at it, Its not fun :D
It's not macroing that's fun, it's the fact that even low level mobs can be a challenge, and that you can get better, instead of being the best already.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah jyrgen is right.
macroing sucks, but when you know you're getting better and can now do stuff that you couldn't do before, that makes up for the pain of macroing
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

For it to be fun to train/advance we could revise the skillgain once and for all.

I mean, fighters benefit too much from melee-hunting, whereas magicusers are mainly macroing classes.

Example;

Fighters gain fighting skills/healing/resistances and many other skills while hunting.
While magicusers gain only magery, meditaion and on rare occasions mace/tactics.

Magicusers could have their "own" tactics which is the second primary skill after magery.
We have critical melee hits, but we dont have critical spells - which could trigger the 2'nd main skill to gain after hitting the opponent.

That ofcourse, is limited to the fact of being possible.