Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Oomari wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but when ppl came from Journey's End, they all got some extra skill point to there new chars
Well if this was the case I wasn't in on it, I guess you had to be in the "in" crowd if this was the case, I doubt it was but then again I wouldn't doubt it if you were in like flint with the staff at this time who were at one time Journey's End players themselves.

I went with full of course, I can not be bothered to train characters again lol,

I shan't even comment on "but i really hope we will go for a bigger step on the next go. (ie; Ancient -> Emmense or something)".....I think everyone already knows my views on the current system so I won't flog a dead horse here.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Oomari wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but when ppl came from Journey's End, they all got some extra skill point to there new chars, same can be done here.
I can not remember if I was boosted on Ivanforth before or after the first wipe during beta-phase . Although I do remember getting a small boost. Nothing drastic though. Only like 2 maybe 3 skills to 60% tops. I don't think it was enough that I could class anyway. I was also a member of Repsak and Nosferatu's guild - Brotherhood of Loyalty, they had on Journey's End before starting their own server, but I doubt that had anything to do with a boost. It was probably a limited time event to test the server out. I do remember the whole server running around naked after the wipe though. It was hilarious and good times enrolled. :D

I was going to vote either 1 or 3 character transfers originally, so the server would see less classes at start. Which would hopefully cut back the attitude of everyone has that type of merchant or a friend supplies them for free, so there's no need to buy these etc. That way someone who just wants to role a merchant, could. Without the risk of wasting time since nobody buys anyway when they get it free. In the long run though I'll just go and vote for full transfer. That way all the years given to the server training your characters means something. My most important character to me right now is my Bowyer anyways. Don't really care much for the others since I've lost countless characters from inactivity already. So I don't own a full maxed account anyhoo. I just wish my Bowyer offered something more than it does currently to the community or some things were changed / added. Not a topic for here though. =D

I think that about covers my thoughts as it stands. Now back to designing textures. It's so addictive once you get learning, but my mountains and ground are looking awesome! :P
Percy

Post by Percy »

Nobody plays UO like they used to, so an all out char wipe, even if you gave us 'bonuses' would still result in a lot of good players leaving.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

No transfer is the best choice, since when the oldies already got their chars the newcomers wont be motivated much to compete.
Dante

Post by Dante »

I'm pretty sure we can say there will be a full transfer with some modifications based on our class changes. When we have a 100% agreement and plan we will release the details.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Well im not against full transfer either, but i'm worryed about the newcomers. That's about it.

Thanks for the quick feedback, tho.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i can see your point, but what about the "semi-newcomers" who already had one or two almost trained char and now have to do it all over again?
also, i bet many oldies don't want to retrain 5 full chars hehe. i know i don't
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Personally I think it's a mistake to launch a new shard, and skip one of the important experiences for players what ties them to the shard. It could alienate/make the players bored sooner than you thought. It's like buying a 6 years old dog, who knows all the tricks and bits already, nothing to teach or experience the first steps with, only the "result". Compared to having a puppy, and you get to teach and guide him all the way from the beginning.

Also another point is, if all our counselors don't need to train their chars, how can they help new players if they don't know how it happens?

Many of you argue that "you don't have time to train chars anymore" - so what? Training is part of the game, it's not like it's away from your game time if you're training a character. Granted, here on P1, training is mostly macroing and looking for macrochecks once in a while, but if the training part is made more into direction so that you can actually gain while playing, it would be much better.
Percy

Post by Percy »

If the slowest way to gain is macroing then count me in for no char transfers.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If the "new" pang will require same sort of macroing for skill training then there is simply no difference for current pang. So there is nothing "new" to expierence in the countless hours of macroing.

Unless the skill systems are completely overhauled for new training methods, which dont include macroing there is no reason for denying atleast 1-3 char transfers.

Just sayin Monad is right, if the skill training differs from current completely. But if it aint gonna differ and the shard is "complete" copy of current pang, then there is nothing that should limit char transfer.

My opinion in matters of skill training is that it should be easier than its currently or the training shouldnt require macroing. As I might've mentioned before.