Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Dante

Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Dante »

Just a poll to get the overall attitude towards character transfer.

Disclaimer: Not all classes will be the same, we may change heighten so everything is still being discussed/worked with.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Dante

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Dante »

I want to see a reply per vote
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

I chose 1 transfer and then 5-10€ for others. If you wish to raise funds for dedi server payments. Im quite sure everyone can afford 5-10€ per char and at the same you help out with server payments.
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

Though I have 5 well trained chars I would like to have on pang2, I vote the 1 free and rest 5-10€ for rising funds.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Ondoher wrote:I chose 1 transfer and then 5-10€ for others. If you wish to raise funds for dedi server payments. Im quite sure everyone can afford 5-10€ per char and at the same you help out with server payments.
This, but I'm fine with full transfer as well.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ondoher wrote:Im quite sure everyone can afford 5-10€ per char and at the same you help out with server payments.
nope
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Gotta love people voting and not bothering to comment on their vote. 5 people voted for Full Transfer and yet i see no explanation why they chose that ? Are you going to play all 5 chars from the beginning ?

If you want a dedi server you need to pay for it, otherwise enjoy the lag.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I agree with Ondo here, the server needs all sorts of services to run on and it isn't free- electricity and a fast connection to say the least, there is the occasional hardware breakdown too. I found that to run a low end PC it would cost at least 100Eu a year not including the internet bill which would have to be a dedicated connection.

It could be made that up to 2 chars can be regained free or something, not too sure. I don't like that people would have to pay for their chars even if its a small amount once only payment but the shard doesn't have access to free internet or electricity. What i would suggest is to find an alternative as some people might not be able to send money at all foe the server, but there are those who can and can contribute some more, if for example we get enough funds to run the shard for a year at least, maybe 1-2 years, paying for chars shouldn't need to be considered.

I am undecided about a clean wipe or w/e because on one hand its a fresh start and it would be nice for the economy for a while... But then again not all of us have the time to macro for skills like we used to.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Voted for 1 transfer and paid for the rest.
Good way to get started on a new shard with that 1 transfer and sort of allows us to retain our identity somewhat, not to mention a good way to help fund the shard
I whine, therefore I am
Siren

Post by Siren »

I am fine generally as long as I get to play but losing all characters for some people may be too much due to the amount of work and time they put into them(not just in terms of macroing).

Due to this I voted for 1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char, as this way it will allow a removal of some classes due to people not being able to afford it/not wanting to spend the money and choosing to train from the start again(an easier process this time maybe?) and at the same time it will allow us to raise some funding towards server costs without forcing us all to go begging for spare change outside Boris's mansion ;)