Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Iktomi

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Iktomi »

Voted full transfer, as the idea of people losing game 'cause they's poor is not so cool in my books. Full transfer, with rename, that is.

Just to be clear though, this is only character transfers (not items). Items pose a much larger problem, so are still under discussion.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:No transfer, the server needs new life not the same old thing.
Agreed, as long as RunUO Pang won't be exact copy of POL-Pang. Perhaps some kind of faster gaining at first or something for those who've played on POL version?
Siren

Post by Siren »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Siren wrote:I am fine generally as long as I get to play but losing all characters for some people may be too much due to the amount of work and time they put into them(not just in terms of macroing).

Due to this I voted for 1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char, as this way it will allow a removal of some classes due to people not being able to afford it/not wanting to spend the money and choosing to train from the start again(an easier process this time maybe?) and at the same time it will allow us to raise some funding towards server costs without forcing us all to go begging for spare change outside Boris's mansion ;)
So the problem with this lies in the fact as recent as two weeks ago I paid to have characters restored, if I paid money for friends characters to be restored to a sinking ship, I think I'm out. I've spent a good chunk of change over the last two months enticing friends and family to come back and play by restoring partial accounts back to some of their formal glory.
More importantly, I don't know if I could personally be bothered training my characters up again from scratch, there isn't going to be an amazing system of increased skill gains, it's Ultima you will still be forced to put in hours of macroing and training just to get a character playable, unless there is some drastic game changing scripting that is going to happen, which won't because the old blood will complain that it changes Pangaea too much thus it'll remain the same or similar to how it is now.

I also recently paid to have my characters restored and of course would love to have a full transfer however I felt that if they chose to combine some classes etc this may not be possible and also I feel this may lower the population of certain classes, I would have probably voted for just one character if it was not for the fact the length of time people have put into multiple characters. Also by the way its days not hours ;)

Perhaps though if someone has paid to have their characters restored they should get to have them restored onto the RunUO platform if this option is chosen as other than a few people like me they will probably have a problem with paying twice.
Dante

Post by Dante »

I doubt we'll be charging for transfers, and also I personally would not allow the double charging of players. It's not right. So don't worry.

I vote full transfer, granted player characters may have some alterations or new skills to train.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I just want to put it on the record saying that if there was a full wipe + the removal of the current religions I think the shard would be in a much better place. Have a guild be the caretakers of blues and fighting off robbers and let the religions emerge naturally through ruleplay show themselves. Changing the dynamics of the shard and refocusing on RP would (imo) bring more players back/in to the game.

The sad truth is that the current economy is broken and there's too many religion for the amount of players. Last I checked we were up to 5 (!) with a population that would warrant 2 maybe 3. On top of that if you rework the system perhaps there's way of making it more effciant and fun to develop your character rather then afk macroing, meaning we can all start from scratch and enjoy rebuilding our characters, coffers and reputation.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Quintoz wrote:The sad truth is that the current economy is broken and there's too many religion for the amount of players. Last I checked we were up to 5 (!) with a population that would warrant 2 maybe 3. On top of that if you rework the system perhaps there's way of making it more effciant and fun to develop your character rather then afk macroing, meaning we can all start from scratch and enjoy rebuilding our characters, coffers and reputation.
Right now the tentative plan is to have 2 religions, with a system that is radically more dynamic (no longer restricted to religion guild/strongly set roleplay) and balanced, i.e. any equivalent (knight, monk, ranger, priest) religion character of the same piety can in theory have access to the same rites/rituals.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Quintoz wrote:I just want to put it on the record saying that if there was a full wipe + the removal of the current religions I think the shard would be in a much better place. Have a guild be the caretakers of blues and fighting off robbers and let the religions emerge naturally through ruleplay show themselves. Changing the dynamics of the shard and refocusing on RP would (imo) bring more players back/in to the game.

The sad truth is that the current economy is broken and there's too many religion for the amount of players. Last I checked we were up to 5 (!) with a population that would warrant 2 maybe 3. On top of that if you rework the system perhaps there's way of making it more effciant and fun to develop your character rather then afk macroing, meaning we can all start from scratch and enjoy rebuilding our characters, coffers and reputation.
Yepperoni.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Let the community take care of robbers / evils. Will never have a dynamic world if staff builds in the mechanisms to maintain order. Players on Pangaea have been spoiled by Law's presence for over a decade and it affected the mentality in which people played on this server.

I agree with the comments related to the number of religions.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

full transfer.
i understand that there are economical needs for the future shard, but it's still a free game..
and it's not that i'd use all the 5 chars right then, but i wouldn't want to waste shitloads of hours to be able to use my other chars effectively.
IF you make some system where it won't take that long to train chars, then i'm ok with starting from full scratch (though i know i'm gonna miss my shit (it comes and it goes...))
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Also, if you wouldn't implement heighten system, people wouldn't feel the need to endlessly macro all the useless skills.