Character Transfer to RunUo

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow character transfers to RunUO?

Full transfer
46%
Limited to 3 transfers
14%
1 Transfer and 5-10 € donation per char there after
22%
1 Transfer only
2%
No Transfer
16%

Total votes: 95

Vaux27

Re: Character Transfer to RunUo

Post by Vaux27 »

Starting fresh is fun, when you have the time. Most people don't though, obviously.
632-140-419
Bart Windriver

Post by Bart Windriver »

1 transfer then donation helps connection fees

or start fresh and delete macroalarms stop tons of bitching
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Bart Windriver wrote:1 transfer then donation helps connection fees

or start fresh and delete macroalarms stop tons of bitching
It's very difficult to delete macro alarms and I dare say, impossible. The only way you can do it is to ban easyuo and that's impractical as there is no way I know of server side to see if someone is running easyuo while the client is running.

On the other note, as someone who has already donated a ton of money to get multiple...multiple (at least 5) characters restored to multiple accounts, I'm not super interested in resonating to get these characters restored to a new server. Keep in mind none of these characters were even mine but of friends and family who were in a rut financially whilst I'm not necessarily the richest or most well off myself.

I believe if people want to have their characters and only their characters transferred with no items they should have the right to do so and I'll say this, I dare say a majority of us whom are now older and don't have days on end to spend playing the game for various reasons whether it be those of us amongst us lucky to have family or whatever will most likely find a new outlet for gaming as this game's day in the sun is quite frankly over and those of us who have held on are hardcore nostalgists.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Bart Windriver wrote: (...)delete macroalarms stop tons of bitching
I think macro-check is what you ment...since that's what makes ppl complainting.
Macro-alasrm just alerts you when macro-check comes (or at least should work in that sense)

About the vote option i've choosen the 2nd option, because you can transfer at least the majority of your chars if you wish, and still have space to create 2 new chars to have diff features than pang, and starting fresh in a whole new "world", which is allways exciting :D

More than 3 chars, it should be a paid transfer according a fee the staff decides to implement =)