Item transfer to RunUO

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What should we do in terms of item transfers?

Nothing
56%
Special decorative items, i.e. plaque showing "You are owed 12,040,124 gold owed by Bank of Britannia"
22%
Gold (reduced by a fraction to match RunUO drops)
6%
Limited chest of items
15%

Total votes: 78

Iktomi

Item transfer to RunUO

Post by Iktomi »

We're still debating this at the GM level, but I'd be curious to get player's input.

Place your votes and say why!

I'm going to leave off full item transfer due to the difficulty of trying to match items between the two systems.

Also, in terms of special items, we could in theory have extra special decorations for the top three richest people, biggest hoarders of high-end cloth, etc.

Assuming we can track bug rewards accurately, I also think we should transfer bug rewards as these are player-specific rewards and have nothing to do with characters or IG actions.
Iktomi

Re: Item transfer to RunUO

Post by Iktomi »

I personally voted for special decorative items, as this gives some tie to PangPOL but also stills places people on a comparatively even footing in terms of accumulating wealth, purchasing houses, etc.

Also, would give us an easier time controlling the economy, as a massive initial start of gold will throw everything out of whack.

Item transfer just seems like more of a headache than it's worth, given that items are radically different on RunUO (different flags, etc.)
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Nothing. Or else the economy is in the shitter, people will migrate tens of millions with them over to runuo. Maybe some decorative items, if even that. You should just get your one character and then you work your way up from that. Pang already needs an itemwipe/goldwipe to make things fresh again.

Everyone should start from the bottom and then work your way up.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ondoher wrote: Everyone should start from the bottom and then work your way up.
Only if you make a new shard. If it's same old Pangaea I wanna see a 5 char transfer. No items though. Only some special stuff.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ondoher wrote:Nothing. Or else the economy is in the shitter, people will migrate tens of millions with them over to runuo. Maybe some decorative items, if even that. You should just get your one character and then you work your way up from that. Pang already needs an itemwipe/goldwipe to make things fresh again.

Everyone should start from the bottom and then work your way up.
Taking this approach won't stop the economy from being in the pooper. It's a player driven economy, it's going to happen, regardless. At best we buy ourselves 6 months. As much as I'd like to take everything, I believe that the best way to go about this is to transfer all items or none at all.
Haley

Post by Haley »

I voted for special items. They don't make an impact on the game. If you aren't going to do a full item transfer, you should at least keep some special items that you have received over the years. But what does that constitute? Bug rewards? Quest rewards? Deer masks? Wall mounted head trophies? The head of Iktomi who received the final blow from a headless? Or what about the idea that they can take everything they want as long as it fits in their bank? Unless you are trying to even out the playing field, then it shouldn't be anything of consequence.

With transferring heightened characters, they are going to go out and do what they do best. It will be back to normal within a few months. So it won't really matter if nothing or everything gets transferred. I am not saying not to transfer the characters though. Otherwise people will have to start macroing and finding the right monster/person/item to build your skill back up and that might detour people from coming to the new shard.

So all or only special or nothing. It really makes no difference to me, though the special items have a slight significance to others.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Nothing, because there is no point breaking the economy of the shard the instant its reborn. Basicaly the character transfer already is a bit against.

Unless you retune the level of the characters and items so that current high end gear is basicaly the new vampire bones in the new shard. Then I'd go for the chest full of items.
Dante

Post by Dante »

100% against anything other than special decorative items.

1 million gold on pang = a statue
5 million gold on pang = a set of table and chairs
10 million gold on pang = a fancy bed
15 million gold on pang = a cloak
20 million gold on pang = a nice shiny steed

for instance.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

To this day, the item I miss the most from the first wipe was an elite devil's claw warmace that Aimea gave me, which was her first elite ever in Pang. It was a useless weapon but I remember it more fondly than any indy set I had.

I don't see harm in transferring such items and bug rewards. Perhaps to reduce chance of abuse, let someone transfer their "special" indestructible and blinding onyx maul of vanquishing but turned into a decorative item only, without the magic properties. Whatever item transferred would be reduced to a decoration, simple as that.

What I'd like to see is more ideas on how to balance the economy, since we are starting it from basic. If we want to prevent the economy from being ruined some months in, we should plan it through now: How to remove gold from the game, how to stop having 636873602436721836 junk items in the shard, how to keep merchants in business.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Ondoher wrote: Everyone should start from the bottom and then work your way up.
Only if you make a new shard. If it's same old Pangaea I wanna see a 5 char transfer. No items though. Only some special stuff.
+1