When should we call it?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

When should we give up on the RunUO conversion?

Now
No votes
August 31st (likely failure)
No votes
September 31st (uncertain)
No votes
October 31st (probable success)
100%

Total votes: 8

Iktomi

When should we call it?

Post by Iktomi »

This is something I should have probably done at the beginning. How long should we give the RunUO project before giving up on it? Without a deadline, it can just drag on forever and eventually peter off. Probably better to put a hard deadline on it.

So we basically started on May 1st, have made some progress but less than I'd like. When should we call it?

The results of the poll are not necessarily going to be what we decide, but it's a good idea for us to get an idea of where people are at.
Cyrus Tegyr

Re: When should we call it?

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

It's simple, a no brainier. If it's certain failure, we might as well scrap the whole thing, if it's uncertain it's a 50/50 crap shoot..go for near certain success or nothing.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Am i understanding this right ?

First you killed the current pang in hopes of creating pang 2 and now you are ready to scrap pang 2 ?
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Ondoher wrote:Am i understanding this right ?

First you killed the current pang in hopes of creating pang 2 and now you are ready to scrap pang 2 ?
Not at all. I just think it's useful for us to have a deadline to work towards. People grumbling about how long it's taking isn't exactly the most motivating, so just wanted to make sure that we set expectations (for both players and GM workers).

Those of us still actively working on the project are still committed to it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Iktomi wrote:

Not at all. I just think it's useful for us to have a deadline to work towards. People grumbling about how long it's taking isn't exactly the most motivating, so just wanted to make sure that we set expectations (for both players and GM workers).

I think most people find this poll wierd and defeatist, despite the best of intentions. We just want announcements now and then.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Mike wrote:
Iktomi wrote:

I think most people find this poll wierd and defeatist, despite the best of intentions. We just want announcements now and then.
Fair point. I'll lock it up. Good glad to see that everyone seemed okay with October 31st, so we'll go with then.

We definitely could still use some more help though, as per this post.