How would you prefer?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Revert back to the way it used to be to keep it simple?

Yes
62%
No
31%
Dun care
8%

Total votes: 39

Palma

How would you prefer?

Post by Palma »

Ok so, right now we have all the new RunUO things such as abilities, weapon atributtes, weapon enhancements, armor, skill bonuses, different damage types, etc.

I didn't really want to re-make the whole durable-indy ruin-vanq defense-invul system because it will probably have a lot of impact in stuff we got no clue at the moment, such as pvm, pvp, etc.

However, I understand that people who don't have much time right now, don't want to be figuring out every little RunUO complicated things. I wouldn't myself.

So here's the thing, I am willing to make all the necessary changes for this to be more or less like it was before, if you guys understand that there will be issues to solve, we will have to test and so on, to try and find the right damages to the right defense levels, etc etc. Meaning, that initially you might be doing shitty damage to others, etc. that you recognize, just report, do those "test" lists that show your 40 hits results etc.

Let me see if I can list what would change (I might be forgetting something, this is just what comes to mind)

What would disappear:
-Weapon abilities
-Weapon attributes
-Current leather/armor systems
-Slayer properties
Everything else that doesn't look like the old ruin-vanq things etc.

What would appear:
-Two tile weapons
-Vanq, invul, indy stuff
-Ores like the old days, no visible atribbutes, just different resistances and hidden properties like spine's absorbe, scarletite's reflect, etc.

Not saying that we wouldn't introduce the abilities or attributes later, but maybe they could be special skills or something dunno.

Feel free to ask any questions before you cast your vote. Also please note if you remember any other thing that would need changing in order to prevent abuse/problems.

If you guys decide this to go forward, as this is a major pvp system change and I'm human to forget stuff around, I will also ask big bad Iktomi to make a special rule for those who find abuses on this and fail to report :P

So, old way how it used to be in Pang1?
Or keep it as it is right now in RunUO?

Note that this might cause a bit of a delay in launching the shard. Also dependent on you guys's help on the tests.
It's really your call :)
aldath c'om

Re: How would you prefer?

Post by aldath c'om »

Old runuo core used to have aos off setting. So just turning that off would make all those preaos stuff come back. But myself i wouldnt go and do that. Its new shard and new stuff for everyone. Learn and have fun. Rather focus the other pangaea like stuff like religions and mayor thing than those stuff. And how would slayers be gone anyway? We had em on pangpol. Dfear was daemon slayer right?
291-697-526
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

We should for sure keep is simple and panglike, never been a huge fan of runuo.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Quintoz wrote:We should for sure keep is simple and panglike, never been a huge fan of runuo.
Dat.

(not that I know much about RunUO)
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Quintoz wrote:We should for sure keep is simple and panglike, never been a huge fan of runuo.
U are just messing up two things. Runuo and preaos. Pangaea is preaos. Runuo is platform. Runuo can be preaos or aos. And aos is that what u call "runuo". Its the way uo has been since 2003 on osi. Preaos is the era before age of shadows expansion did come out and change the combat to be whats is nowdays(complex and more balanced) and u were allways asking for balanced combat and now u would get it but u ask to go back to era where u only need a halbert and magic is only for travel and support.
291-697-526
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

aldath c'om wrote:
U are just messing up two things. Runuo and preaos. Pangaea is preaos. Runuo is platform. Runuo can be preaos or aos. And aos is that what u call "runuo". Its the way uo has been since 2003 on osi. Preaos is the era before age of shadows expansion did come out and change the combat to be whats is nowdays(complex and more balanced) and u were allways asking for balanced combat and now u would get it but u ask to go back to era where u only need a halbert and magic is only for travel and support.
I see and I wonder how many people understood exactly what I ment and how many would've been confused if I said preaos and aos? Thanks for the nice lexture however my point is still exactly the same. First off when this was first voted on I voted for Pangaea to moved from PoL to RunUO so that it would be easier for people to script stuff, better performance, more cool stuff. What we got told was that it was going to be a ported version of PolPang onto RunUO but with the combat changes that would come with the AOS version of the game, I wont even bother loading it up.

This is how I see the pvp differences.
Pang : Individual skill, movement and position of the fight determents the outcome. A single fight can be occuring on a forth of the map because playing in a ball isen't always the best strategy, choke points remained vital but it's not like you were unable to push through.

RunUO / Aos / whateverthefuck : Positioning as a group and moving as a ball with magic being the only way of playing (Example)

Either way the voting resualts will speak for themselves, I think there's a reason why people stuck around on Pang despite it running on pol instead of runuo.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Do u think those guys were anywhere as close organized as ppl on pangpvp are? And thT doesnt look like any of there was dexer. U cant compare random mage fight to pangpvp
291-697-526
Palma

Post by Palma »

Don't want to influence the results, I'm fine either ways tbh, but, pvp wouldn't be like that mage fight in the current system. Mage spells are actually already more or less matched to old Pang in terms of cast time.

So right now fighting would be very melee, however with the abilities and attributes. Outcomes would depend heavily on the weapons used and strategy. As well as different gears against different oponnents/battles. Tbh I think it would be lots of fun, one thing I always liked on RunUO shards was the randomness on getting items and the freedom to invent different gears, combinations and unique fighting styles, with them.

Reverting back to how you guys are used to, does not also mean we won't develop different fighting either, we will invent and include some abilities, weapon properties perhaps, we'll see. But just more easy and less scary to those who are "used" to the names in Pangaea (Vanq, Invul, etc) and a bit more of what to expect when you just raise AR or armor block, etc.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Ok so result is back to the old way, but leave 1 or 2 new things to make some difference ya? xD
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

What u planning to let stay? And will those effects be seen on weapon prop or character status bar?

And keep in mind as u remove alot abilities it messes up the pvp and pvm.
Ie. Taking away hci(hit chance increase) u will make melee fighting insane. More insane than it was without cloths on pang. Honestly it isnt meant to have less than 110 primary skill. And even with that u still aim for 45% hci to be able to fight.
291-697-526