Townstones

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Do we keep old townstones?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 27

blckfire
Scripter

Townstones

Post by blckfire »

Basically the townstones or "mayor system" how it is more commonly known have several well known bugs. Plus they are connected with the siege system.

What happens is that at this point (besides the bugs) we are using a new way of creating and handling guards in towns which improves server performance by a bit. Problem is, that the old guards were connected to the townstones and the siege system, to implement all of those connections it will take us(me) some time to fix it delaying the official opening day.

We have plans to re-do the siege system and bring back the townstones within the first month or so after the shard opening, so I don't think it'll be missed during that time frame.

The question now is, would you still like to keep the old townstones and have me work the details for the siege system (will delay official opening for a week or two) or wait until the new version is ready to come to life (no delay on opening, the only delay might be on the arriving of the siege system and re-vamped townstones)?
Johnny Walac

Re: Townstones

Post by Johnny Walac »

I vote NO.

Remove the old townstones. All that stuff can be scripted in due time.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Remove them, I doubt anyone would be looking to siege in the first month or so of release.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I vote to remove them, they're buggy and need major improvement. Plus, it'll give players a chance to try to reinvent the mayor system through ideas. As some would expect I've got a few ideas I'd like to propose for a mayor system such as one that removes the siege aspect from religions and puts it squarely in the hands of individual towns/cities so that in essence the religions may play a major role in a conflict but wars are fought on a political level and you have cities rise from just cities to statehood and can have protectorates and all the trappings that may provide.

But, simply put remove them for now and they can always be revisited.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Malron

Post by Malron »

Ya, get rid of them. Lots of time for that lata!
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Get rid of them.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Get rid of them and remake whole siege system, there were a lot of ideas how the siege system should be last year.

Example declaring siege and 24 hours after that there is 1 hour limit to reach the siege stone to actualy conquer town. (People wouldnt have to hang around for 8 hours to get a successful defence)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah get rid of them, and whatever ivan said
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

The old town stones no longer exist... at least in game. :D