Delete macro-check?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Delete?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 60

Atlantis

Delete macro-check?

Post by Atlantis »

Since we are trying here a fresh start, and betting that 90% playing this game might have Jobs or a busy life, how about end with the macro checks?
To counter the RP to afk guys, I would suggest that macro would only be allowed inside houses.
blckfire
Scripter

Re: Delete macro-check?

Post by blckfire »

Sorry, not gonna happen!

But that last part... maybe we will enforce people to respond if talked to or if they are in range of someone talking. It can actually work as an added macro-check. I must say you guys give me the nicest ideas.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Have you secretly been taking lessons from Boris?
I whine, therefore I am
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

You need to tolerate the macro checks like the rest of us.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Atlantis wrote:Since we are trying here a fresh start, and betting that 90% playing this game might have Jobs or a busy life, how about end with the macro checks?
To counter the RP to afk guys, I would suggest that macro would only be allowed inside houses.
So for those new players or current ones who do not have a house are not able to train their skills otherwise?

Ya seems like a nice disadvantage for those who do not have the money or connections to own/borrow a house. Let's not do that...

As for needing to respond, should be easy enough to put in checks for this. At some point though, if macroing becomes too big of a pain in the ass, which seems to me that this movement to add more checks to those who macro which is a large proportion of the player base mind you, targets merchants quite a lot more than those who do not play primarily merchants, this will only hurt the quantity of crafted items available. I mean I understand needing a macro check system, but seriously, we don't need more checks put in place.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

While we're in beta, I'd say it's a good idea to consider removing the macro check or at least scaling back it's frequency in being activated. Once the beta is over, game on biches!
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Since we are trying here a fresh start, and betting that 90% playing this game might have Jobs or a busy life, how about end with the macro checks?
So for those new players or current ones who do not have a house are not able to train their skills otherwise?

Ya seems like a nice disadvantage for those who do not have the money or connections to own/borrow a house. Let's not do that...

As for needing to respond, should be easy enough to put in checks for this. At some point though, if macroing becomes too big of a pain in the ass, which seems to me that this movement to add more checks to those who macro which is a large proportion of the player base mind you, targets merchants quite a lot more than those who do not play primarily merchants, this will only hurt the quantity of crafted items available. I mean I understand needing a macro check system, but seriously, we don't need more checks put in place.
Think wize please, there are tons of abandon rooms, no need to own a place to use it....
Actualy, I wont even macro anymore. I am here to "play" the game, this would just add extra time to all of you highten chars... instead of comming from work and stay like 5 hours macroing, you could let your character do the macroing alone when you are working, and when you return you would have 5 hours to PLAY the game. This would be totaly better imo. I don't the big disavantage of macroing afk.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Atlantis wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:

Think wize please, there are tons of abandon rooms, no need to own a place to use it....
Actualy, I wont even macro anymore. I am here to "play" the game, this would just add extra time to all of you highten chars... instead of comming from work and stay like 5 hours macroing, you could let your character do the macroing alone when you are working, and when you return you would have 5 hours to PLAY the game. This would be totaly better imo. I don't the big disavantage of macroing afk.
Agree with you. Much More fun to do stuff than stand n wait for. 1
291-697-526
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cyrus is right, those of us that play merchants a ton will be punished hard by all of your suggestions. Let's keep like it is and make us all happy

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Atlantis wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:

I did think wise, when you said only allow macroing inside houses, houses do not constitute an abandoned room, the use of house as it pertains to Ultima at least refers to a building one has purchased and thus can log out safely and lock things down and secure containers. But that isn't even my concern, the issue at hand is, making macroing a pain in the ass.

We're dealing with an 18 year old game which was and has always been built on macroing, whether it is to better your skills or to produce items for the market. Unless we adopt the horrid system Sanctuary Shard and I believe World of Dreams used of random skill gains every so often I do not see how we're going to get over that. And fear not once I get a house I will squirrel my merchants away into my house and make items but then I'd still have to deal with the occasional nutter who thinks it is "good RP" to knock on my door, somehow knowing someone is in the house which I particularly loved when I was on what would have been the houses third story if it had a second story.

Don't worry either I'll add journal scanning to my macro check as well so that when the one or two people who do actually try and interact with me come up to me and try to RP (which has only happened twice now during both betas, once by a player and once by I believe a gm last night who was talking through an NPC at the bank, both instances I responded.) Ya I'm being a bit snarky I will admit it but that's because I have seen this topic come up before and it seems to me every time it comes up there's a real general lack of how this will not really improve anything and can actually hurt specific classes who rarely see any love anyway.

If I don't want to chit chat with people in real life which is quite often, small talk is not my forte, I steer the conversation to a dead end, I can be very good at this. Then of course we'll see posts about "people not RPing properly and cutting conversations short."
Last edited by Cyrus Tegyr on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman