Delete macro-check?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Delete?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 60

Gorath Blackmind

Re: Delete macro-check?

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Just give us 2-3x gains for the rest of our miserable lives, we've already given one and a half leg for this game. :P
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:Just give us 2-3x gains for the rest of our miserable lives, we've already given one and a half leg for this game. :P
Now this is an idea I support!
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:Just give us 2-3x gains for the rest of our miserable lives, we've already given one and a half leg for this game. :P
fkyf

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Talerco Pious wrote:Have you secretly been taking lessons from Boris?
funny hes the only one i seen roll up as a talking walrus trying to make sure youre not afk. only bad thing about that is when youre sitting back from the monitor slightly its hard to see. being disabled with a back problem i like to be able to watch my screen from about 10 feet back trying to stretch and relax. i vote we needed to leave the macro checks in place but think they could be nicer and not lower your skill so much. i dont think he much liked the way i responded to the talking walrus while taking ss's, but hey :p also had mitzy roll up on me at imperial market in my stall as a necro chanting cow but that wasnt an afk thing. talk about holy cow! had fun with that one also.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

macro checks are needed,

personally i think they should be a function of your skill level,

something like...
0-65 = -5.0 points of skill
65-85 = -20.0 points of skill
85-100 = -30.0 points of skill
100-105 = -1.0 points of skill
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

blckfire wrote:Sorry, not gonna happen!

But that last part... maybe we will enforce people to respond if talked to or if they are in range of someone talking. It can actually work as an added macro-check. I must say you guys give me the nicest ideas.
also, i really like this idea :3
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Bestia Domare wrote:macro checks are needed,

personally i think they should be a function of your skill level,

something like...
65-85 = -20.0 points of skill
85-100 = -30.0 points of skill
100-105 = -1.0 points of skill

maybe something like...
65-85 = -10.0 points of skill
85-100 = -20.0 points of skill
100-105 = -.3 points of skill
but ya you catch my drift. is what im thinking anyways :p
love the #makepanggreat
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

You're already having it easier than most of us had when we trained, stop being so needy and let staff focus on the more important stuff.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Ivan wrote:You're already having it easier than most of us had when we trained, stop being so needy and let staff focus on the more important stuff.
strange. you have me confused with one who logs to train. all of my chars have been trained for years and year in which case most are heightened. i answered the way i did in best interest to making the shard a better place. knowing macroing accidents happen and knowing many have jobs and whatnot they also have to tend to. just thinking a reduction in the penalty for a failed check could be a good thing. troll peoples posts much? mr 3,??? something posts. I think the server has been plenty hard on people for a very long time and think making it more enjoyable for people to play on could be a good thing. pardon my input.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

On one hand the macro check keeps the player "active" while he's online, on the other hand, it's a deterrent for those who wish to play but simply don't have the time they used to. I'm sure there's some genius idea out there that can satisfy both but until then, Pang will be bye bye unless you literally get some fresh blood into the system. By fresh, I'm not talking any old newb, I'm talking hot blooded teens. And by that I don't mean it in a perverse way- you're gonna need no-lifer kids who are supposedly studying at school or college and use their homework time to play the game.

There's nothing wrong getting your grandparents to play, they'd have the time to grind all day on Pang AND still be amazed at the awesome graphic of this 20-year-old game.

Edit: Sorry for the An Corp, I didn't realise this was a dead topic :/