Delete macro-check?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Delete?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 60

Glarundis

Re: Delete macro-check?

Post by Glarundis »

Edward Sinclair wrote:you're gonna need no-lifer kids who are supposedly studying at school or college and use their homework time to play the game.

yep :lol:
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Edward Sinclair wrote:On one hand the macro check keeps the player "active" while he's online, on the other hand, it's a deterrent for those who wish to play but simply don't have the time they used to. I'm sure there's some genius idea out there that can satisfy both but until then, Pang will be bye bye unless you literally get some fresh blood into the system. By fresh, I'm not talking any old newb, I'm talking hot blooded teens. And by that I don't mean it in a perverse way- you're gonna need no-lifer kids who are supposedly studying at school or college and use their homework time to play the game.

There's nothing wrong getting your grandparents to play, they'd have the time to grind all day on Pang AND still be amazed at the awesome graphic of this 20-year-old game.

Edit: Sorry for the An Corp, I didn't realise this was a dead topic :/
I agree with this.. as Pang is older and the player base is not nearly as young maybe we shouldn't be such ball-busters about this? Why not reduce the damage done so we can stop driving away what little player base that we have. I understand that the staff doesn't necessarily care, in "beta" stage, what the player base is but it is actually important to keep interest and since most unattended macroing is not on purpose(unless someone is stupid) I don't see why we are still going on like this.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

If you guys were paying attention to the forums, it was said somewhere that macrocheck punishments were going to be re-visited, where we will improve the punishment system.