How to minimize bad player experience?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Add a new rule to shard, saying that areas around britain and despise are protected and no PvP can occur within
4%
Add a new type of rogue guard that stays hidden and doesn't attack npcs, only players that attacked other players within a 5-10 minute period
4%
Only allow PvP in Guild/Religion scenario
19%
Make newbie character untargeteable and unable to attack other players until they get to X stats or Y gameplay time (although, we'll create a way to allow sparing)
32%
Do not make any change
40%

Total votes: 47

Demian

Re: How to minimize bad player experience?

Post by Demian »

Richard Mota wrote: a typical mentality of many players here and this is what ends up leading to low player database. imbalanced pvp/abuse. then when someone else opens it and does an item wipe; people return until the looting/abuse begins. its a shame 2 because with the unique custom housing here and scripting this shard couldve been great. edit: well - the lag of course :p
What kind of imbalanced pvp/abuse have you experienced since returning like what, a week ago? And how is pvp currently imbalanced? We've all seen how the shard is with safety nets like no looting/pvp during Alteran's era and the answer is, it's horrible and wouldn't retain the players for long. The shard gets most of it's activity from those who pvp and this is common knowledge to those who have been around for more than a week.

And for your lag Talerco already suggested wtfast and pingzapper. Try them out. Most Americans in here don't even have lag anymore as far as I know.
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Demian wrote:
Richard Mota wrote: a typical mentality of many players here and this is what ends up leading to low player database. imbalanced pvp/abuse. then when someone else opens it and does an item wipe; people return until the looting/abuse begins. its a shame 2 because with the unique custom housing here and scripting this shard couldve been great. edit: well - the lag of course :p
What kind of imbalanced pvp/abuse have you experienced since returning like what, a week ago? And how is pvp currently imbalanced? We've all seen how the shard is with safety nets like no looting/pvp during Alteran's era and the answer is, it's horrible and wouldn't retain the players for long. The shard gets most of it's activity from those who pvp and this is common knowledge to those who have been around for more than a week.

And for your lag Talerco already suggested wtfast and pingzapper. Try them out. Most Americans in here don't even have lag anymore as far as I know.

I suggested WTFast as well.. Its the only way i can compete. As for the "bad player experience" people are in the shard for different reasons.. Some just want to PvM some only want PvP.. a lot go through phases. I think the current system will work once everything is in place. We should wait until the shard is out of beta before discussing reasons the playerbase may be lacking.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Demian wrote:

you cant say the shard gets most of its activity from those that pvp because that is incorrect. i couldnt even begin to count the hours ive spent on this shard when most others arent. then alterans era was pretty good until he gave tekstone their alter back and players were abused (religion looting) again which is when i quit. player abuse and looting was always discouraged on this shard with overpowering law and sometimes giving them additional commands to use against robbers. religion wasnt created so people could get in it and start looting others and is the reason tekstone lost their alter several times. before i quit however; i was really enjoying the ability to try and go places and hunt for a change. pavlina and others was playing that i hadnt seen on in years and was averaging 20+. then you ask how is it imbalanced? did you seriously ask me that? one group of people run around in the best armor/weapons while others running around in radilus if theyre lucky and you ask where is the imbalance? now you cant even have jewels at the penalty of having to mine sand and makes it even worse. hiding reagent vendors to where only the best of hunters can get to them makes it even worse.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Toby Frost wrote:
Demian wrote:

I suggested WTFast as well.. Its the only way i can compete. As for the "bad player experience" people are in the shard for different reasons.. Some just want to PvM some only want PvP.. a lot go through phases. I think the current system will work once everything is in place. We should wait until the shard is out of beta before discussing reasons the playerbase may be lacking.
wtfast is very insecure to your pc/network and it costs money to use it should it actually work. then yes some wish to pvp which within reason for rp isnt bad. however when it turns into looting abuse of players im against it strongly.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

Richard, dont take it to bad, but i simply cannot read all that changes you want to make. Everytime when i want to check forum i am affraid that you will make new topic. Its like avalanche of whining.
I came only to one conclusion here, and i am more than sure, that many ppl will agree with me.
Maybe that shard isnt good for you anymore? There was always sth you didnt agree with, and now there is tons of things like that it seems. You want to change to much, while rest of shard agree with or atleast deal with.
Whole shard is waiting on religions to start, i think it will be the time when we will get way higher online count.
I agree with Demian that pvp brings most of activity, even if i wont pvp and never did. Pangaea must have pvp i dont like it but if it will be non pvp shard we will loose about 60% of players (if not more). and where will be the whole fun if you wont have anyone to play with?

Seems that you are looking for completly different shard than pangaea, you want everything ready for you and easy to get, well im playing here only 12 years, so not sure if i know much about that shard, but imo it never was easy and it never should. Ppl would be bored to quick if they would have everything after a month or two.

Sorry for offtopic.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

one more thing, on every single shard there will be bunch of "elite players" which have everything best possible to get, but look how much time they put into that game, its not that it fall from heaven on them. Some ppl hunt a lot and are rich, so they can afford good armours, other ppl have merchants that they play well and can afford good stuff, other ppl have other ways to run in good stuff or have rich friends. It will be always like that, you cannot expect that everyone will run in radlius or everyone will run in auros.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

People trying to have a dicussion with Mota. What a time to be alive.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Crystal Meth is a hell of a drug.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

be kinder to each other :D
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Bestia Domare wrote:How to minimize bad player experience?
be kinder to each other :D
Agreed but disagreement and honest discussion is not nor should it ever be considered cruelty by any means. I feel many who have responded to this thread and others who have voiced disagreements in a meaningful way have been time and time again been treated with such disgust and contempt.

Most people have been fairly civil as they should be.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman