How to minimize bad player experience?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to minimize bad player experience?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Add a new rule to shard, saying that areas around britain and despise are protected and no PvP can occur within
4%
Add a new type of rogue guard that stays hidden and doesn't attack npcs, only players that attacked other players within a 5-10 minute period
4%
Only allow PvP in Guild/Religion scenario
19%
Make newbie character untargeteable and unable to attack other players until they get to X stats or Y gameplay time (although, we'll create a way to allow sparing)
32%
Do not make any change
40%

Total votes: 47

Harlequin

Re: How to minimize bad player experience?

Post by Harlequin »

Cele wrote:I agree with Bella.

The PVP aspect shouldn't go away but neither should it trump every other aspect of the game. There has to be a balance. PvP should enhance the roleplay experience, not detract from it. Ultimately, it comes down to common sense and common courtesy.
Common sense and common courtesy hasn't held up in the past, so some sort of mechanic needs to be put in place.
Cele

Post by Cele »

Harlequin wrote:

The PVP aspect shouldn't go away but neither should it trump every other aspect of the game. There has to be a balance. PvP should enhance the roleplay experience, not detract from it. Ultimately, it comes down to common sense and common courtesy.
Common sense and common courtesy hasn't held up in the past, so some sort of mechanic needs to be put in place.

Which speaks volumes for the playerbase.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cele wrote:
Harlequin wrote:

Which speaks volumes for the playerbase.
Hello http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck please understand that without #RealMen #MakingPangGreat this shard would be dead.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Oh god. :oops:
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Quintoz wrote: Hello http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck please understand that without #RealMen #MakingPangGreat this shard would be dead.
That interpretion of PvP doesn't define the size of your e-penis, only says how much the size of your e-penis matters to you.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Vulcan wrote:
Quintoz wrote: Hello http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck please understand that without #RealMen #MakingPangGreat this shard would be dead.
That interpretion of PvP doesn't define the size of your e-penis, only says how much the size of your e-penis matters to you.
Thats what she said.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Vulcan wrote:
Hello hipster friend, PvP defines the acitvity of this shard, cator to it or majority leaves (History shows this)

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Mike

Post by Mike »

Remember that #MakingPangGreat has always been the effort of us nordic people, trust us on this issue. It's a brotherhood of Hyperborean blood.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

What to read from these posts is that we all know that restricting PvP has never worked in the past due to it's popular demand. It is a RP/PvP/PvE shard. You don't see topics about restricting PvE to guilds and RP to religions. Why? Because we all love Pangaea due to it's sandbox nature.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Quintoz wrote:
Vulcan wrote:
Hello hipster friend, PvP defines the acitvity of this shard, cator to it or majority leaves (History shows this)
Forgive me if I'm wrong and not that I enjoy arguing over things such as this or being trolled, but as history has shown... every time the server got overwhelmed with poorly layed out PvP/robberies, not meaning religions as that PvP is a different thing and entirely understandable to some extent. The alliance hopping was too much, as was religion hopping.

But.... the robberies were out of hand. Mind you there was some respectable robbers out there that I welcomed and didn't mind so much. It got to the point however nobody could leave town. Even in the most basic of gears and having next to nothing to their name. Being base class even or just reaching out of it, obviously you were no match ever. When this started happening and I myself was only logging in to farm the fields to get more lizard bone armor or lizard hide armor or what not and that's basically all I was doing instead of training my characters or hunting. The player base dwindled. People left because it was too much.

If someone's not complaining about robbing / pvp guidelines, they're complaining about religions. Why? It's Pang Bro.